Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Life at the Beach

Sunday Ceil and I went for a walk on the beach at 7:30 am. For Ceil, a walk on the beach means looking for shells. Since we were out much earlier than normal, she found lots of suitable shells. We did go further than usual. Ceil's dad always cooks bacon and eggs and grits at the beach (and chocolate milk for the grandkids). I was the first of the crowd out on the beach, and read over one hundred pages of Grisham's The Partner. Only took a short lunch break inside, where I got a Braves update. Sheets looked good.

Ceil had taken Anna and her cousins to Target for bathing suits. In the afternoon I toop a dip in the ocean with Matthew...the water was quite warm. I was one of the last of our crowd to leave the beach, at almost 7 pm. Ceil's dad had made chicken salad, pimento cheese, and homemade peach ice cream, but they got Kentucky Fied Chicken for dinner.

Haven't been to Warm Springs in years but would like to go again. Read a book one time where a female was stalking FDR and followed him to Warm Springs. Just as she was about to pounce, he had his stroke.
 
I was following the Braves game last night, and by the time I got to a TV the SF lead was so big that I didn't bother turning it on.

I've been spending lots of time on the beach. Took another "walk" with Ceil Tuesday. She picked up over one hundred seashells, and had a hard time carrying them back. I was the first one out under the tent Tuesday, and was the last one off the beach. Finished Grishom's The Partner" on Monday and Tuesday read half of Walker Percy's "The Moviegoer". Last night I finished the Smoltz book as well.

Ceil took Will shopping Tuesday, and MC tagged along. Bought a sport coat and slacks at Jos A Bank. Matthew, Anna, and their cousins went putt putting late Monday night, and Will and MC went putt putting late Tuesday. All the grandchilder and thier friends ate at Wild Wing Cafe Tuesday night...at least 14 of them. Most of them come to our condo for breakfast...Ceil's dad enjoys cooking the grits, bacon, and eggs. Every day I fix a bacon, egg, and cheese toasted sandwich.

Monday night we had spagetti in the condo. Ceil's dad's meat sauce is simple and good. Tuesday night Ceil and I went with her parents to the K&W Cafeteria. I had veal parmegan, creamed spinach, and sweet potato souffle.

No comments: