Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thursday Friday Sunday Tuesday

Busy weekend. Thursday night we celebrated Will’s birthday at the Flip Burger on Roswell Road. The food was great, but my favorite burger is still Fuddruckers. Later Will and MC went to trivia. Afterwards Joel, Kevin, and Haley came over from strawberry shortcake. I took Anna, Matthew, and Victoria to the 9:45 showing of the Katy Perry movie (so I had to pick them up at 11:30).

Friday I was in meetings all day with the Ogre, to determine the accuracy of a certain metric. We determined what the number should be. The YTD number was exactly what it was supposed to be. More meetings this afternoon.

On the way home from work I picked up supper for A & M, then Ceil and I went to Oglethorpe to see Georgia Shakespeare’s “The Importance of Being Earnest” with Tech legend Gene Lorenz (& his wife Ann). The actors did a fine job, though I’d liked other plays they’d done better. Got home around 11:30. Will and MC went kayaking on the Chattahoochee Friday

Early Saturday Will and Matthew went out kayaking. I cleaned the upstairs and read good chunks of both Ann Rice’s “Out of Egypt” and the Smoltz book. Smoltz’s book is ok. I’m learning things I didn’t know, though he belabors too many points. Seems obvious that long portions of the book are just transcriptions of Smoltz talking.

Sunday I posted five jerseys on eBay. Three of the jerseys have a total of twelve watchers, with one bid so far. Hopefully tonight I’ll post two more jerseys for sale. I was pumped from a quick sale last week. The buyer was local, so I delivered the item to the man on the way home from work. He showed me his “man cave”: filled with Babe Ruth statues and other memorabilia.

Will and I took the kayaks back to Lynn Acuff’s house. Passion celebrated Easter Sunday, because it was the week Louie covered John 20. Last week’s Beth Moore services were the largest ever attended at PCC, with hundreds in overflow areas. There were also several baptisms, including a former basketball teammate of Will’s. DJ, David & Joel Norman, Kevin, Haley, and MC also attended the service.

On the way home we ate at Moes. We had been eating Mexican exclusively at Willys, but the service and quality at Willys seems to have deteriorated. I like Moes salsa much better than Willys or Chipotle. I dislike Chipotle’s seasonings, though their chips are the best (and cost the most).

Will took off Sunday night to spend the week at Camp Highland in Ellijay. Early this morning I took Anna and Matthew down to PCC. They’re leaving for Summer Camp in Daytona Beach, so Ceil and I have the week to ourselves.

For weeks the announcers and writers were saying Simmons shouldn’t slide headfirst. Beat writer Mark Bowman said the only way Simmons would learn would be for him to get hurt. But Simmons initial comments after the injury sounded like he hadn’t learned anything. Almost makes me mad. But the other two top rookies, Harper and Trout, have also been doing a lot of headfirst sliding. Heyward still does as well. Will always liked to slide headfirst. I kept waiting for him to get hurt, but he never did.

No comments: