Sunday, November 18, 2012

Switchfoot on Leno

Thursday I ran at the nearby soccer fields after work, the first time all week. Ceil cooked a new recipe for supper: a meaty rice and black bean burrito filling. Then I took a nap, then stayed up with Matthew to watch his favorite band Switchfoot on Jay Leno. As usual, the band played one song right at the end of the show. Tim Allen and the young boy from Modern Family were also on with Jay.

Not much going on this weekend. The Clemson game and Tech game will be on TV, but not Georgia. I’ll clean up, and do some battle with the leaves. This afternoon Will is catching a ride home today. Anna is going to a bonfire tonight.

It may be me, but the people that DOB has to put up with on Twitter are harder to ignore than the AJC.com commenters. DOB seems to have fun with them, almost publicly admonishing them for dumb questions. People continuously have bad, uninformed opinions. It’s like they aren’t reading DOB’s tweets and developing a sense of what the Braves are trying to accomplish. Should the Braves actually make one of the deals they suggest these same people would be taking Wren to task.

Some of the Braves fan pages on FB seem to try to draw out negative responses from fans based on the way they ask questions. Same with the AJC and 11Alive. The old codger in me likes to leave contrary opinions.

At the Tech game I snapped a couple of quick photos during the game with my iPhone camera. Just now a guy from work came by and said “Let me show you a picture of where I was last night.” I said “Wait! Let me show you a picture of where I was last night!” We showed each other the pictures at the same time. He was also at the Tech game. In fact, he was in the background of one of my pictures, behind the scorer’s table at center court.

No comments: