Before Christmas I returned to Land of a Thousand Hills for Trivia. Will, Kevin, and Joel were playing. When I arrived I greeted David and
Charles Norman. Connor was with them, just back from his prep school in . They asked me to play with them. Feeling needed, I accepted. Mary-Clayton and Thomas joined Will, Kevin, and Joel near the front. North Carolina
1. Name a Barista. We didn’t know any of their names. I’m sure Joel did.
2. A Sophomore is a student in which year of college? An easy five points.
3. What is the name of Dr. Seuss’ egg hatching elephant? Horton.
4. What movie introduced the song “Someday My Prince Will Come”? We knew: Snow White.
5. Who created Snoopy? Connor knew: Charles Schultz.
6. What design is on Charlie Brown’s shirt? David knew: zig zag.
7. What was the music festival held in
state in 1969? New York . Woodstock
8. What British band recorded the album “Another Brick in the Wall”? David knew: Pink Floyd.
9. What Civil Rights leader did Dorothy Parker leave her estate to? After some debate, we correctly guessed MLK Jr.
10. HALFTIME: State Nicknames.
Golden State ( California), Beaver ( Oregon), Great Lake ( Michigan), First ( Delaware), Sunflower ( ). We got all but Kansas . Kansas
11. What rock group was Charlie Watts the drummer for? The Rolling Stones. Two points. Might’ve been my answer.
12. What measure of energy comes from the Latin word meaning heat? I said calorie, and everyone agreed. Six points.
13. Which Chinese year comes after the sheep and ram? Monkey. No team got it right.
14. What was the first Disney animated movie not based on an already existing story? The Lion King. Only two teams got it.
15. In what year was the first iPhone released? We correctly answered 2007. Four points.
16. What branch of the
military only had 50 members when WWI broke out? I thought it was the Air Force, but we answered Marines. I was right. A six point miss. US
17. How many grooves are on the edge of a quarter? No one got it right: 119.
18. Nollywood refers to the huge movie industry in what country? No one got it right:
19. Which First Lady said “No one can make you feel inferior unless you consent.”? We correctly answered Eleanor Roosevelt. Six points.
20. FINAL: Name the five biggest selling soft drinks. Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper. We got four of the five, in order, only missing Mountain Dew.
The DoorHinges did better than us, finishing second…two points out of first place.