Friday, March 01, 2013

RUSH 2013

104.7 the Fish was advertising an event that included Switchfoot and members of the Duck Dynasty family. I looked it up…RUSH is the first weekend in May down at Truitt Cathy’s farm south of Griffin. Brad Jones, the young assistant pastor at Passion City Church, is the main speaker. The worship leader of the glorified youth retreat is also from Passion, Kristain Stanfill (grew up attending Johnson Ferry). Ceil’s favorite singer has a concert Friday night: David Crowder. I guess Willie and Si Robertson are speaking Saturday, before the evening Switchfoot concert. I signed up to be a volunteer. If they need me, I’ll sign up Matthew for the event.

Felt a little better Friday. If 100% is being able to run and work out, I may have improved from yesterday morning’s 10% up to maybe 30 or 40%. Still some pain, particularly when I go to stand up, but I am walking around a little better. Yesterday I was feeling better as the day progressed, but I didn’t take many trips from my desk. The afternoon was better than the morning. On the way home I stopped at the stinky Kroger and walked to the two far corners of the store, for meat and yogurt. By the time I got back to my car I was worn out.

Took it easy last night. Lay down for a little while before supper. Ceil cooked homemade pizza. Sitting on the couch isn’t the most comfortable, but I knocked out about forty pages of my book. I’m trying to not overdose on the painkillers. I haven’t had the killer pain since Wednesday.

No comments: