Monday, February 03, 2014

Aftermath

More from the storm: A guy in credit lives on the other side of Lassiter High. He must’ve left after me and went Holcomb Bridge. He spent the night at the Kroger near Stoney River, west of 400, with 50 other people. There are two other Krogers we pass. Channel 2 did a story about the 80 people that spent the night at the Kroger near Centennial High.

Co-worker Tim, the newlywed, took 8 hours to get home, near Windward and Hwy 9. Said he saw a red Mustang spinning out on Old Milton near Westside Parkway. Said it was a Hispanic guy. Tim and his bride attended Grouplink last weekend and joined a new group in Roswell.

I thought about stopping for a bit as well but am glad I didn't. After a while when I saw it was getting worse I knew if I didn't keep moving it could turn into a long night. If the Martins Landing cut through didn't work I was ready to walk As many walkers that I heard about, I didn't see many. Great story about Chipper and Freddie.

Put on my PJ's at 8 pm last Tuesday night and took them off at 11 am Thursday...a total of 39 hours. Didn't do much the whole time. Did a little work on Wed and more today. Went on a short walk with Anna over to the nearby hill for her to make three sled runs...on a trash can lid. Saw Tech wasn't on TV and figured the game was cancelled. Picked up my car down the street and gassed up the CRV.

Got in to work about 9:30 on Friday, after handling an emergency on the phone from home. After work Friday I picked up a Patagonia pullover for Ceil that I had seen on sale earlier in the week. Later Anna bought a flannel shirt at the same store in Roswell. She had spent the afternoon and evening studying and eating with friends. C, M, and I grabbed dinner at a very crowded El Porton.

Saturday I cleaned upstairs. Anna went to Athens to see the Gym Dogs vs Kentucky. C and M ran errands and later grilled chicken and vegetables. I watched some of the Phoenix Open, World Without End on Netflix, and the NFL Awards. Looked for the Tech game on TV but couldn’t find it.

C, A, and M left for church at 8:45 am and didn’t get home until five. I cleaned downstairs, watched more World Without End, some of the golf tournament, and Carol Burnett receiving the Mark Twain Award on PBS. Washed both cars, then settled in for the end of the pregame. Ceil cooked ribs, but I had already eaten a toasted chicken salad sandwich.

Tonight our small group is meeting at a Mexican restaurant. I was going to run this morning, but it was raining.

No comments: