Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tech / Duke

Enjoyed the Tech/Duke game last week: the company, and the buffet. Enjoyed the buffet a little too much. Fruit was fresh. Turkey wrap stuffed with lots of meat. Meatballs delicious. Mac & cheese very cheesy. Great apple cobbler – my favorite. Shouldn’t have eaten the brownie or cookie but they looked so good. Didn’t eat much breakfast. Called Ceil on the way home last night. She had just gone to bed. Told her about the spread. Need to send her the photo. I posted the photo on Instagram, and Haley Hurt liked it .

Was too full to get right to sleep, so I watched Jimmy Fallon’s second Tonight Show. Hopefully he will continue to not just have guests come out and talk, but also perform. Seinfeld told jokes for a long time, then acted surprised when Fallon motioned him over to the couch. Kristen Wiig impersonated One Direction heart-throb Harry Styles. Jimmy performed with a barbershop quartet and also sang with Wiig. Too bad it comes on so late. Lady Ga Ga sang – that’s when I went to bed.

Couldn’t believe traffic was so bad before the game. My drive was going smoothly until I turned onto Abernathy just north of Perimeter Mall. Had to cut through the mall parking lot, made a U turn, turned right, another U, right across the new bridge over 285, right toward the hospitals, and made another U turn. Waited in the slower right lane to turn south on Peachtree Dunwoody, then gave up at the last minute and turned left. Was going to take 285 east to 85, but that was backed up, so I cut across the road and go on 285 west. 400 was backed up, so I got off at the Buckhead Loop. Everyone was turning left, so I went right and turned around in an office park.

Heard why southbound traffic was backed up on the downtown connector at 11 pm after the game - a traffic fatality. Good thing I didn’t take my usual I-75 route home after dropping you off – I would’ve gotten stuck in it. I hate to get on 400 in Buckhead because of all the traffic lights. Later I learned a friend had car trouble in Buckhead last night.

Wonder if Kennesaw won’t soon pass Georgia State as the third most prominent college in the state. Their sports program could attract better athletes. I think Kennesaw already has more students.

I peel off stamps and stick them in my calendar scrapbook. My 2014 scrapbook hasn’t gotten off to a good start, though I have been posting what’s been going on. Almost filled my 2013 scrapbook, though I do have a little empty space in the back.

No comments: