Friday, February 28, 2014

Buckhead Cinema'N'Drafthouse

Sunday night Matthew is going to the Switchfoot concert at the old Buckhead Cinema where Peachtree, Roswell, and Paces Ferry meet.
In the 80's I used to go there to watch dollar movies when it was called the Buckhead Cinema & Drafthouse. That was before Blockbuster and RedBox got real popular. I remember driving from near Piedmont Park all the way over to Toco Hills shopping center on Clairemont Road to rent videos. There was a dollar movie at Toco Hills and also up in Sandy Springs near North Springs High. Then the video stores drove the dollar movies out of business. One of the few still open is the Picture Show up near me.

When I was a kid we'd go to the movies, but I didn't know how much it cost.

Thursday: Another slow night. Worked until 6 pm last night. Ceil was watching Project Runway, so I caught up on reading and took a nap. Anna was off at her Thursday night youth group.

I need to work on the gutters this weekend. Also laundry and cleaning. M wants to see his girlfriend. 

Monday evening I went to a store in Roswell. Walked in and was looking at the rack of clothes with my head down, working my way to the back of the store. When I reached the halfway point I realized the back half of the store was vacant. Wednesday night I was checking email and saw the store was closing. They had a huge sale Tuesday and Wednesday, but I missed it.

ARK/KY: so many college athletes, especially the underclassmen, are so undisciplined that almost every year even the most dominant teams lose one or two games they are supposed to win. Happens in football as well. Drives me crazy. Tech is the exception. Under Cremins they used to pull a big upset every now and then, but it's hard to remember any since then.

No comments: