Monday, February 10, 2014

Empty Nest

An empty-nester weekend. A and M were off on the church retreat to North Georgia. Ceil dropped them off at PCC at five Friday afternoon, then took things back at Lenox and Phipps. An emergency cropped up late Friday afternoon, and I wound up working until six. Then I stuck around until 7:30 organizing other stuff. Met Ceil down at Jaliscos in Peachtree Battle for a late dinner. It was so crowded that we still had to wait. Didn't get home until after ten. 

Watched a little of the Opening Ceremonies, including the final torchbearers and lighting of the caldron. Maria Sharapova brought the torch into the stadium. Never saw my favorite ex-Hawk Alexander Volkov. All the people carrying the Olympic Flag had lots of V's in their names.

Cleaned up Saturday morning and worked on eBay stuff. Later I mailed off three packages, and currently have another three to mail.

Saturday afternoon I drove Ceil across the river to northern Sandy Springs to pick up at package. The house was on a street overlooking the bend in the river – a tremendous view. Several houses had the same view, high atop a peninsula. Other houses were situated on a quiet cove connected to the river. Now I have a new place I want to live.


The we drove downtown near the water works for Ceil to pick up an item on sale. Even though we'd eaten Mexican the night before we drove past Nuevo Laredo Cantina, but there was a huge crowd waiting outside. Instead we ate at Moxie Burger back in East Cobb. Big crowd there as well. Back home I caught up on some computer work.


Sunday I watched Atlas Shrugged Part Two, the last of eight World Without End episodes, the movie Side Effects, and the Pebble Beach golf tournament. Did some laundry and picked up M down at PCC. No nap, so I went to bed early.

No comments: