Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Prophesy via Dreams

For years the guys in my East Cobb small group have joked about our families moving off in the wilderness when things in the government gets really bad. As things have been getting worse and worse, its been easier to remember to bring up our plan when we get together.

Monday night I dreamt: Our families had moved in together. In addition to the Earharts, Halls, Falis's, Murphys, and Watkins, Becky Norman was there, and Steve and GiGi Apostel (my old boss and his wife). So out of seven guys, three are named Steve. Families had brought most of their furnishings and possessions. All the sofas were lined up side by side in one room. Steve Apostel looked at me and said "I don't like that painting over there" as if it was my job to tell the owner to take it down. I thought that was hilarious. The "safehouse" looked like a typical rambling house on the inside. Outside it was on old grocery store in a shopping center I recognized.

Later the doorbell rang. I opened the door, and a large black man had lined up all these old, large, dilapidated pieces of furniture in the front yard, trying to sell them to us. As I surveyed the wreck in front of my, co-worker Randy Michalski walked out of the door behind me (evidently Randy was part of our gang as well). Randy immediately told the guy we weren't interested and to go away. Randy went back inside. I knew I should've gone inside, but I let the guy keep talking to me. One large grandfather clock had fallen over, the insides cracked to pieces. The guy was still trying to sell it to us. Finally I had to tell the guy "I said NO! You asked me if I wanted to buy this crap, and now you act like I'm a bad person for not saying yes!" Sometimes in real life I feel that way about people making demands of me.

Back to reality: Randy has now lost 80 pounds and can fit into the Army uniform he wore when he was 18. He credits his weight loss to eating right (no more fast food), exercising, and persistence. He recently ran his first 5K in Kissimmee and averaged 8-1/2 minute miles. Of the 50 runners in his 60-65 year old age group Randy finished FIRST! He tells me this story right when I'm inundated with great coupons for Wendys and Burger King.

Working until almost six Monday evening. Ceil cooked stir fried vegetables and beef tips. Helped Matthew with To Kill a Mockingbird homework and little else, since the TV and computer were occupied. Should've read or worked out. Ceil went to Kroger for coffee and Anna was downtown for a meeting at Grace Church.

As of Sunday the new acting president of Ukraine is a Baptist pastor.

No comments: