Sunday, August 17, 2014

1914 Miracle Braves

Saturday night the Braves celebrated the 100th anniversery of their 1914 world championship by wearing throwback uniforms. Unfortunately the team did not wear period hosiery, unlike at least two other times this season when they donned throwbacks. In addition, the Indian head logo was missing from the sleeve. Seems like Julio Teheran is pitching every time the Braves wear throwbacks. 
Why does the media and fair-weathered fans wait until the Braves lose a series to a team with double their payroll to complain about the team? It is ok with me for them to complain about BJ Upton. It is getting that time of the season for Fredi to start worrying about the pennant race and bench BJ, as he did last year. There is plenty of baseball to be played.
It would take me a while to get used to a car. I like driving a car rather than an SUV. I'm still not used to driving our CRV. But I hate getting stuck in traffic behind a tall SUV – you can't see what's going on. And for some reason dealers like to make the car buying experience as painful as possible. They make you think you are getting a great deal when in fact they're making a huge profit – and they make you sit around forever for the privilege. When I bought our CRV I called and told them ahead of time that I was coming to buy that specific car, and it still took three hours.

Thursday Will borrowed David Norman's trailer. He also took down the bunk bed in his room and replaced it with a single twin bed for Matthew. Matthew was thrilled to have the room to himself. Will left around 9:30 to drive to Cartersville to pick up their huge TV. I thought he was spending the night, but when I came downstairs Will was sleeping on the couch. Driving the trailer down 400 and 285 and up 85 and 316 to Athens will be tough in afternoon traffic, so I need to leave work asap (left at ten).

Thursday night I was tired and didn't do very much. Did a couple loads of laundry. The house is a mess from all Will's packing. As usual, I'll have a lot of cleaning to do this weekend.

No comments: