Thursday, December 17, 2015

Metabolism

What to eat to keep your metabolism burning: canned tuna, soybeans, cottage cheese, beef jerky, blueberries, asparagus, cheese, avocado, egg whites, water, spinach salad, whey protein, oatmeal, lean meat, apples, almonds, broccoli, low fat plain yogurt.

Monday: worked until 6:20 and stopped on the way home. C was late getting home with M. He ate Panda Express. Ceil got a Trader Joes shepherd’s pie for us. Watched Jeopardy and The Voice. I worked on the computer.

Tuesday: Busy at work figuring out new things I’d been putting off. Will came back to town and took M to a musician’s rehearsal for the wedding. C cooked spaghetti. I worked on the computer while C watched Jeopardy and The Voice. Our niece Catherine from Clemson was in town for a concert at Phillips Arena. She was spending the night so we cleaned up extra well. Will and Matthew got home. Catherine didn’t get in until after midnight.  

Monday and Tuesday I didn’t have any leftovers to bring for lunch. I had forgotten about the leftover pork tenderloin an Chickfila tortilla soup. Now there is leftover spaghetti and Panda Express, as well as leftover lasagna from the wedding music rehearsal. Thursday I don’t need to bring anything because of the luncheon, and I’ll take off work on Friday.

Finally took the company sexual harassment course. Took two hours. I had been putting if off but the deadline was coming up.

Anna came home Wednesday. I took M to Wal-Mart and Wendy’s. C cooked roast beef, salad, and mashed potatoes, which I only sampled. M and A watched a Redbox movie.

I was named a dessert contest judge. One guy who had been a judge in the past doesn’t like chocolate or cheesecake. Not sure how he was able to judge. At first I thought judging would be great because I’d get to try all the desserts. Then there were only three and we only got small tastes. First was a rich, nicely decorated chocolate cake, then a good carrot cake, then an average red velvet cake. Lunch was excellent, catered by the Spiced Right place near the Roswell Square: smoked turkey and ham, green beans, mashed potatoes (I skipped), dressing, and sweet potato casserole. 

Nice to see that our company Christmas card actually says Merry Christmas on it. I even got to sign one of them. At the ugly sweater contest a lady won second place – and she was just wearing her normal festive Christmas attire.

After work I had to fetch M from Cumming.

Final Heisman vote: Henry 1832, McCaffrey 1539, Watson 1165, Mayfield, 334, Keenan Reynolds Navy 180, Fournette 110, Dalvin Cook 79, Elliott 57, Conner Cook 13, Boykin 13.

No comments: