Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Evacuate!

 
We’re adding on to our plant, a year long construction process. Tuesday morning some subcontractors were drilling down deep and struck a gas pipe. They could tell there was a huge leak immediately. We had to evacuate the entire complex – two warehouses and two offices. At least it was a beautiful day.
 
A news helicopter hovered overhead. Not sure what station. Many of the office workers went to lunch but even though I had my phone and car keys, I had left my wallet and laptop inside.  Got the all clear to return to the office at 12:15 but the warehouse has to stay empty until after 5 pm. We ordered lunch for the warehouse workers, and I helped with that.
 
 
Worked past six Friday evening. Traffic was bad so C & A stopped by Perimeter Mall. My barber was working so I stopped by for a haircut. Still beat C&A home. When they arrived Anna headed back to Athens in her new car. Ceil and I grabbed a pie at Pizzeria Lucca on the Roswell Square. Watched a couple of episodes about Anne of Green Gables.
 
Saturday morning I left home at nine, and made it to the SunTrust Park Chop House Gate around ten. Gates opened at eleven. Grabbed some bobbles and a designated driver Coke. Got my picture taken with some of the top prospects. Day game after a night game so no outdoor batting practice. There was still over an hour until first pitch, and with Tech, Georgia, and Clemson all kicking off at noon, I headed back to the house. Didn’t want to sit out in the sun on a 90 degree day. No loss since I hadn’t even paid for a ticket.
 
Leftover BBQ for lunch. Did some laundry, the dishes, and other housework while watching the games. Ceil went to the grocery and cooked chicken.
 
Sunday: JFBC for S.S. and worship. Bryant preached on Moses and leadership. Leftover BBQ for lunch. Watched some Falcons and Braves, and took a nap. Cut the grass and blew the drive. Watched Cowboys/Giants while playing on my laptop.   
 
Monday night I worked until almost seven. Ceil cooked spaghetti. Helped clean up and crashed on the couch after the 12 hour day. Watched Braves and Hallmark Channel.
 
Training a new girl. Coworker Angie had her baby and will be out for a while. Coworker Chis’ wide had a baby, then he turned in his resignation. Got a job closer to home in Marietta.

Worked until almost 6:30 Tuesday night. M was at his art class. W&MC still hiking in national parks out west. more pictures below. This past weekend Joel and Willis Norman took part in a bike ride in north Georgia – over 100 miles.
 
Supper was Mexican – homemade refried beans, Mexican rice, chicken, homemade salsa and guacamole. Also tossed salad. We had a package of chips, just a small part of the bag and the chips were all cracked up, so I made nachos. Was almost finished eating and realized I had forgotten the cheese.
 
Someone brought in Krispy Kreme donuts this morning, and I broke down and ate one. Deli sandwiches for lunch.




No comments: