Sunday, September 23, 2018

Meatloaf

Meatloaf ain’t bad. Ceil is on a health kick so we haven’t been eating much meat. Every now and then she’ll cook chicken. I try to stay away from mac & cheese but sometimes fall victim. At a recent restaurant they had some special mac & cheese but I didn’t order it.
 
Speaking of meat, in honor of this week’s national cheeseburger day, all month Wendy’s has free single cheeseburgers when you buy something else. Ceil is heading off to see her mother again, so I might just swing by Wendy’s for dinner.
 
I had wanted to go to JFBC Wednesday night but things got crazy at 4:30, so I worked past seven. I always think if I can just complete a few more tasks I ‘ll have all my work done, but stuff always seems to pop up. Stopped by Taco Bell and Dollar Tree on the way home. Should’ve stopped by Wendy’s but I wanted to try their new double – something, but that was on the breakfast menu.
 
Watched the Braves replay. Now that we’re getting down to the wire the games are getting more interesting. Still too many walks. In fact the Braves are on track to set a team record for most walks per nine innings. You’ll have to ask L what Tom Glavine said about walks to Jeff Schultz. I think he said pitchers had to make up their minds they weren’t going to walk people. That they would throw more strikes. You can tell the Braves announcers aren’t crazy about all the walks either.
 
Tuesday night the game was on ESPN, so I listened to Boog Giambi and Rick Sutcliff for a change of pace. You’d be proud of me. After last night’s Braves game replay ended I switched over to ESPN for the end of the Yankees / Red Sox game. Hate seeing Yankee players wearing white shoes.  
 
Surprise surprise, I’m still having trouble with fast food. I had read an article in a “reputable” publication that Wendys was giving away free burgers in September with purchase, so I stopped by at the one at Spaulding & Peachtree Parkway. The drive thru line looked slow so I went inside, taking not of the silver Nissan I would’ve been behind. Inside there was a line. The employee was friendly but the line was going super slow. In five minutes (300 seconds) only three people’s orders had been taken, and I had yet to see any food. I left. The silver Nissan was still waiting as well.
 
Stopped at Wendys on Holcomb Bridge just east of 400. No one in the drive thru. They told me I had to have a phone app to get the burger. The article didn’t say that. I’ll try again on the way home today.
 
Thursday I had deli sandwiches for lunch, and a chicken sandwich for supper. Watched the Braves.The relievers set them down 1-2-3 in the eighth and ninth. Sobotka struck out the side in the ninth. Also watched episode one of Jack Ryan on Amazon.
 
I was making a list of the Braves and Falcons jerseys I own (also a Hawks jersey). Then I started listing all the jerseys I’ve sold on eBay, and couldn’t believe the number – between 90 and 100. I’ve still got too many, but they’re all Atlanta teams now and not oddballs.
 
Ceil’s brother and nephew came down for the GT/Clemson game. Game four and Tech is already breaking out new uniforms. Just like almost every other team in the country (except the good ones: UGA, Bama, LSU, Auburn, USC, Texas, Ohio State, Penn State, and a few others). The way Tech is playing, if I went I think I would've worn orange. And I always wear GT stuff to the GT/Clemson game.
 
I need to get rid of a lot of bobbleheads. Then the old guy in Cumming wants me to help him trade about 50 of his bobbleheads. I might trade for his Blooper.
 
Ceil’s mom did ok in the storm because she’s at the rehab facility in Monroe NC, just across the state line. It’s located next to the hospital, so they have backup generators and such. There were some power outages in Jefferson and a bunch of rain, but I don’t think Ceil’s brother Rusty or cousin Phil or Uncle Lennie lost power or had flooding. Plenty of lower ground for the water to flow to.
 
Ceil said Joan was doing better. She’s eating more and getting her strength back. For the first time Ceil spent the night at her brother’s house, since her mother’s house was empty and visitors couldn’t spend the night at the rehab facility. 
 
Uncle Lennie graduated from Clemson, then was a professor at the University of Florida and later Miami. His wife Corinne has ties to Vanderbilt. They follow all four schools but mostly root for Clemson. 
 
Will & MC flew home today, after attending an outdoor wedding yesterday in southwest Utah. 

No comments: