Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Weekend in Jefferson

Man I had a busy weekend. Took off on Friday. Up early to play golf. Teed off at 715 am. On the way home I stopped by three thrift stores, the bank, and RaceTrac. Back home I did one thing for work. Watched the movie “You’ve Got Mail”. Laundry. Packed.

Left at 3 pm. Drove down and picked up A&C in Peachtree Hills. Me, Ceil, and Winnie in the front, and A&C in the back with Goose. Took Piedmont to Monroe south to 20 east. Very slow. Almost gridlock. Stopped in Augusta for supper, at some Mexican place similar to Moes and Chipotle. It was okay. Stopped for gas in Lugoff. Arrived in Jefferson at 10 pm.

Saturday morning Caleb and I drove the 30 minutes to Monroe NC to pick up the UHaul. Caleb graciously drove it, loaded it, and strapped everything down. My two niece’s husband and boyfriend helped Caleb with the heavy lifting. I was surprised at how much we took back.

The kids went out for lunch, so I took a nap. Later we toured the house nephew Beau is renovating. Everyone went for coffee, so I took another short nap. Later we visited Uncle Lennie and Aunt Corinne, then ate supper at The Golden Nugget. Fried chicken tenders, baked potato, hush puppies, tossed salad. Speaking of loaded baked potatoes, I thought about loading mine up on Saturday night with fixins from the salad bar. But since I had a big salad, I just ate the potato with butter and sour creme. Back at the house we sat around and chatted with Ceil’s brother’s family.

Left Jefferson Sunday morning at 8:15. Anna rode in the truck with Caleb. The two dogs were exhausted from a busy Saturday, running around with the cousin’s dogs. They napped in our car. Stopped in Camden for coffee, gas, and breakfast, then later in Madison for gas and snacks. Made it home at 2 pm. Will came to help unload, and brought the girls. After unloaded we dropped off the truck, then I drove A&C back home.

On the way home I gassed up Ceil’s car. Back home Will and I movie some of the furniture inside, and hung out with Shivonne and Millie. MC returned to pick up Will and the girls at 6 pm. Then I showered, and drove the mile to the Cho’s Super Bowl party, arriving late in the first quarter. Also the Earharts, Brasfields, Halls. Plenty of food at eat: Korean steak tacos, chips and dips, cookies. There was wine and other fancy drinks at our party, but I just had a Sprite. We stayed until the end. Got home at 11 pm.

Usually Winnie will sleep in our bed with us, down at the foot. But last night in the middle of the night I heard Winnie scratching at the bathroom door, which she will sometimes do when she wants to go in with Ceil. But Ceil was in the bed with me. Ceil had closed Winnie in the bathroom by accident!!! Sometimes Winnie will go hide in our closet, to be in the enclosed space. C must’ve not realized that W was in there.

Made it back to the gym Monday morning. As I was lifting weights I noticed a newcomer on treadmill. He was facing the other way, but eventually I realized it was my friend Lee. He rarely walks at the Y, but was making an exception due to the rain. I hopped on the treadmill next to him and walked a mile while we talked.

Catchers with 300 career home runs https://stathead.com/tiny/eorIs

Catcher     HRs  300th      Career WAR

Berra...........358...09-Aug-1959(2)...59.5

Bench..........389...26-Jul-1978........75.1

Fisk.............376...05-Sep-1987.......68.4

Carter..........324...11-Aug-1988.......70.1

Parrish........324....15-Aug-1991.......39.5

Piazza.........427....13-Jul-2001........59.5

Rodriguez...311....17-May-2009......68.7

No comments: