Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentines Day

Went to Houstons Monday night for an early Valentines dinner. Tuesday the Earharts had Houstons reservations, then Wednesday the Halls had reservations at Houstons.  I have a busy week, after being on the go all weekend. Houston’s tonight, a focus group after work tomorrow. Hot Stove on Wednesday, but I probably won’t go because it’s Valentine’s.

At some point I will get to slow down. Tuesday I left work at 520. Was going to make it to my focus group early, so I grabbed a burger and fries from McDonalds beforehand. Then at the focus group I sampled Honey Baked Ham. Smokey and sweet.

1. McDonalds…555 $2.30

2. Focus Group…620 - $50.00

3. thrift store…730 $8.00

4. Big chocolate chip cookie bakery…745 (free)

5. Dollar Tree…800 $14.00

6. Post Office…815 (whatever one stamp costs)

7. Publix…830 $35.00

Bought a pair of white Puma golf shoes at the thrift store (below). On Tuesdays senior citizens get a discount. I like my black adidas golf shoes, but they’re hard to get on because the tongue and shoestrings are on the sides instead of the top for some crazy reason.

Had one more stop but it was after 830. Got home and nodded off on the couch. After C went to bed, I organized her valentines goodies: roses, card, M&M’s, and chocolates. This morning Ceil presented me with homemade sweet rolls, made from whole wheat flour.

Lifted weights at the gym this morning. At the office we had heart-shaped Chickfila biscuits and other goodies. I got coworker pals Rachel and Angie little heart shaped boxes of chocolates, so I got some for the other ladies I work closely with as well: Sherryl, Vanessa, Renee, and Lauren. I try to be creepy as possible.

John and Margaret Condra were over in Birmingham visiting daughter Susan, and they had several of the old SPdL crowd over: Tracy Taylor, Suzy Heyser, and Christy Choyce. That’s like three different generations of Chapel Choir members. Susan had graduated before Tracy came along, then Suzy and Christy came along after Tracy had graduated. I think.

Diane Choyce: back during my single days she spent a year or so as Singles Director. She planned a singles banquet (might’ve been for Valentines Day). She suckered me in to being a “model” for a “fashion show” that was part of the banquet. She probably asked David Hurt first, but he turned her down. I had to go downtown to Macys to be fit for a sportcoat to wear. That was 40 years ago.

Hal Choyce worked at Muses.  I never realized the owner of H Stockton went to SPdL.

JFBC has a father daughter dance for Valentines. So many attend that they divide it into 2 nights, probably last Friday and Saturday. Younger girls one night, then a slightly older crowd the next. I took Anna one year, though Anna never attended Johnson Ferry. We might’ve been there the same night as Caleb’s father and sister.

ARTICLE: 'Bible prophecy is coming true' as billionaires build huge underground bunkers to survive a nuclear attack.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://endtimeheadlines.org/2024/02/bible-prophecy-is-coming-true-as-claims-billionaires-build-huge-underground-bunkers/__;!!AE29DT8V!Qbdtet4gWmcn7xXGquyCs8e-9MqqEcZDWNoU4VRD77nFYyK3Ci_EwSTFvRyp8gOJL2ba5KTqv2KIuh4Eg1k$

MIKE TROUT [B-R Bio] is the only player in the Modern Era to post a WAR above 10.0 in his rookie season. In 2012, his WAR was 10.5. He led the majors in WAR in each of his first three seasons, and led the AL in each of his first five seasons. In 2013 & 2014 he led MLB again with 8.9 & 7.7 WAR. In 2015 & 2016, he had 9.6 & 10.5 WAR seasons. He never started a game without munching on a pickle or two: view here at mark 2:10.

No comments: