Thursday, February 22, 2024

MLB Top 100 Players

Nine of the MLB Network’s top 100 players are Atlanta Braves (7 of the top 50), the most of any team: (1) Acuna, (13) Olson, (15) Riley, (17) Strider, (47 Murphy, (48) Fried, (50) Harris, (66) Albies, and (83) Ozuna. Not sure how Albies ranked 66 but didn’t crack their top ten second basemen. Not making the top 100: Morton, Sale, d’Arnaud, Kelenic, Minter, and Arcia (an all star last year).

Doc Rivers now that head coach of the Bucks. For all the kids out there, Rivers used to be the Hawks point guard. Lived in Morningside. Played college ball at Marquette, as I recall. Saw some Marquette highlights from last night.

Finishing up my southern novel “When the Moon Turns Blue” by Pamela Terry, wife of 1980’s Christian musician Pat Terry. Seems like for most of the book the story rambles, with no clear direction. Hard to figure what the end game will be. But finally a surprise protagonist. A far cry from Grisham or Kristin Hannah. I give it a thumbs down.

At JFBC pastor Clay Smith’s current sermon series is entitled “The Seven Last Words of Christ” !! Now with my work email in a separate place on my phone (and harder to use) when email sermon notes they will come from one of my other email addresses that I don’t check as often, so it’s harder to find. Everything is so complicated.

Similarly, here at work to correctly update stock it takes 30 minutes for me to calculate a math problem, to make SAP match reality. Then enter a PO and someone else to update. Then I go on to my other 199 parts. Ugh.

AT&T and other phone carriers were out of service worldwide this morning. Perhaps a satellite problem. Perhaps a foreign country like China hacking our service. Some said it was “solar flares”. If one country is attacking another, it would be handy if phone service was out. Maybe that’s why the government spent all that money to give congressmen satellite phones (seems like those could be knocked out as well). Warfare in 2024 is quite different from the old days.

We were talking about the movie 2012 because the Woody Harrelson character reminds me of my crazy coworker Roger (below). The movie we were discussing today because it deals with the end of the world.

I like actor Oliver Platt, who stars in Chicago Med. Also in the movie 2012 with John Cusack and Amanda Peet. Platt looks older, but is my age. Same wedding anniversary. Has three kids, similar ages to me. Has made career decisions based on family, as have I. Platt played the classic John Grisham character Harry Rex Vonner in the movie version of A Time to Kill. Was also in The West Wing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Platt

Will Putin get revenge on the US by helping re-elect a Democratic president, in an effort to get the US to implode like the USSR did? You’d think the article ain’t bad when it says Putin played Tucker Carlson.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stream.org/putins-revenge-re-electing-the-democrats-so-the-u-s-collapses-like-the-ussr-part-i/__;!!AE29DT8V!UaDtGiDidUQ3m81VVg_L5_8BEq8WHCQ-SurS1gdUmEpqKZB3G7q1QwMfUr0e_d8yY8u7Tz8t_LmzAPSZoA0$

Tuesday night I didn’t sleep good. Not too bothersome because I was all snug in my bed. Then the busy day at work as usual. Worked till 6 pm. Drove straight home. Plopped on the couch for a little bit, but supper was soon ready: chicken tacos. Cookie dough for dessert. 

I saw the highlights of Duke at Miami, and Ole Miss losing to rival Miss State. Blue Devils were wearing white on the road. Miss State wore grey at home. Rebels in blue. 

Was back on the couch by 730. Ceil was picking out something to watch on TV. I spent a little time on my phone – then fell asleep. Slept till 10 pm, then got up and went to bed. Completely forgot to put up my daily blog post, dang it. Don Head was probably livid. I had to double up today.

Up early to hit the treadmill at the gym. Stopped at RaceTrac on the way to work for gas and a soda.

Every morning I arrive at work to an in box with lots of new emails. First thing I do is work to clear them out, and address any pressing matters. Left yesterday with 17 emails. Same today.

More Evidence That A Daily Multivitamin Could Help Slow Cognitive Decline In Old Age. I am convinced – I’ll be taking vitamins every day (unless I forget).

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iflscience.com/more-evidence-that-a-daily-multivitamin-could-help-slow-cognitive-decline-in-old-age-72597__;!!AE29DT8V!URO8LhqcimFAdpDOhbJ2TRBlkgVWP4fxOqeNJZXtrsHtaslAnoG23ze-m7msAhsPYGeBKnNDdVoeYGR8v2Q$

1 comment:

Don Head said...

I'll let it slide this time. I'm actually a couple of days behind myself. ;)