Thursday, February 01, 2024

McEnroe's Places

Watched a couple of episodes of “McEnroe’s Places”, hosted by John McEnroe and produced by Peyton Manning. One with McEnroe playing tennis with Bjorn Borg at Wimbledon. During one of their many epic matches, Mac was throwing another tantrum. Finally the stoic Borg approached the net and motioned for McEnroe to come over. Bjorn whispered “It’s just a game”.

In another episode McEnroe interviewed Maria Sharapova about her journey to America and subsequent career. As a kid in Siberia, Maria attended a clinic led by Martina Navratilova, who told her father that Maria had great talent. That’s when they moved to America. When the 17 year old Sharapova beat Serena Williams to win the 2004 Wimbledon final, McEnroe announced the match. I had forgotten about Maria’s epic Nike “She’s So Pretty” commercial.

For the past few years so many in my office had hacking coughs. Now it is me. I’ve been coughing so much that my abdominal muscles are sore. I didn’t even know I still had abdominal muscles. I’m trying to get as much rest as possible.

Got a ton of work done yesterday. Still a ton to do. Also had my annual review. I’m past caring about the grades they give me (they were above average). What’s nice is to know that my situation (overworked) is understood. Nice words were used to describe me. With my scratchy throat it was hard to talk. I was so exhausted I didn’t have the energy to say much, but there wasn’t much to say.

Left work at 545. Took Old Alabama over toward the mall for a milkshake from Steak & Shake. Ceil had small group, but she’d made me a wonderful ham & cheese on toasted sourdough, and delicious vegetable beef soup. I plopped down on the couch next to Winnie and took a long nap. Was in bed by 9:30, and slept past 6:30 am this morning.

Decided to grab Taco Bell for lunch, to keep up my strength. Then someone gave me a big cookie. Then Angie brought me her leftovers from Taco Mac: 2 wings and fries. Now I am stuffed.

Our old computer system was much more flexible and user friendly. New system very strict. Kinda like when I was at GT we played flag football. Real hitting and blocking on the line of scrimmage. Lots of fun. Later it changed to screen blocking with no contact. Not as fun, so I didn’t play.

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who wear black sneakers with white soles, and those who wear black sneakers with black soles.

One of the things that has soured me on Georgia Tech is seeing so many godless graduates solely focused on padding their resumes and climbing the corporate ladder, with complete disregard for the coworkers they pass along the way. For them charity is a box to check, not souls to minister to. I ain’t playing that game.

Signs showing how bizarre American society is becoming. The unthinkable is becoming “normal”.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://endtimeheadlines.org/2024/02/here-are-8-signs-that-demonstrate-how-truly-bizarre-our-society-is-becoming/__;!!AE29DT8V!SWXzVuHAZJ0LbqP1UGtxrGExvGR36_uXjoZmjGDUSrzt49Kjx6i9TDa6whfgz3XTaAaRo513y5tBN0vLkcg$

DAVE STEWART [SABR Bio] holds the record for the most balks in a season. His record 16 balks in the 1988 season has him at the top of the 11 pitchers who had 10+ in one season. Stewart pitched 8 games for the Phillies in 1986. He gave up a double to Ken Griffey Jr. in Griffey's first major league at bat. Watch Griffey’s 03-Apr-1989 first at bat. After struggling at the beginning of his career, he accepted some advice offered him by pitching icon Sandy Koufax. Read here about Koufax’ influence on Stewart’s success.

Denison: regarding Neuralink implants and Biblical morality: four steps to take:

1. “Destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ” (2 Cor 10:5). Think biblically so you can act redemptively.

2. “Contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3). Use your influence to declare and defend biblical truth and morality.

3. “Speak the truth in love” (Eph 4:15).

4. “Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up” (Gal 6:9).

https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/elon-musks-neuralink-implants-brain-chip-in-human/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Elon+Musk+s+Neuralink+implants+brain+chip+in+human&utm_campaign=01-23-24+DA+-+TITLE

No comments: