Monday, May 21, 2007

13 Activities in One Weekend

We did go to the Coleys…I wore my new party shirt and jeans, though most wore shorts & tees. Ceil knew two other ladies, and I “knew” Blake, who I had talked to at a couple of other Coley get-togethers. There were lots of kids, so they all had a fun time on the treehouse. Bryan says he’s taking the treehouse with him…he has the easy half taken down. They move next weekend. The Coleys had looked for a house in our neighborhood, but bought a house in Blake’s neighborhood. Blake’s kids are the same age as my kids.

Friday we didn’t make small group. I left work because my father-in-law was having problems taking out a faucet in our master bath. He finally used a drill to get it out, and we got them in. I was late getting Matthew to practice. He was tired and didn’t practice well…right now he has a problem if someone hustles ahead of him and gets ‘his’ ball. The Millers were tired and didn’t go to practice, but made a quick shopping trip. I realized I left my laptop cord at work, so that night I did the team stats manually, which was fun, though I stayed up past 12:30.

Matthew’s team played well and won their 9 am playoff game. Matthew played pitcher in the top of the first and only had one ball hit to him…he fielded it cleanly and threw out the runner at first. Matthew had 2 nice RBI hits and scored both times. Playing third he cleanly fielded a grounder near the bag and made a good throw to first, though the runner beat it out. Then Matthew went hard after a pop and just missed it.

Will had spent the night with a teammate. He came over to Matthew’s game and borrowed my keys to get his uniform and batbag. I went by the car and locked it, not knowing Will had left the keys in the car…along with his uni for the afternoon game. Ceil had to make a trip home and to the park between Anna’s recitals.

Screw-up # 2: …in my busyness last week I failed to confirm the game with the other coach, for the first time all year. They didn’t show…my bad. We did have a fun intersquad game…7 on 7 with dads/brothers filling in the extra spots. All the guys who didn’t get to pitch much got to pitch. Then we had a postgame pizza party before I hustled to Anna’s 2 pm recital.

Will stayed at the field and was really dragging by the time his 4:30 game started…making a first inning error at short. He caught the rest of the game. No one stole second, but he pulled a Javy and picked a runner off first. Will was the only Titan to reach base three times, and the only one to score twice (both times from second ). He had a nice opposite-field double, and stole a base. Afterwards we ate at Chili’s…Will’s pick.

Saturday I bought gas for $3.099, so Sunday we packed in the Civic to go everywhere. We only made Kidstuf, after the in-laws left. Afterwards we stopped by Target and Dick’s (where Ceil used my $75.00 gift card to get her a new pair of running shoes). Matthew was worn out and fell asleep when we got home, so I stayed home while the rest went to our friends’ son’s baptism at Johnson Ferry. Another weekend one the go.

The Thursday game looks enticing…Smoltz/Glavine. Prado had a rough first game. Doesn’t look good for Redman, and DOB made it sound like Lerew didn’t stay in Cox’s good graces.

No comments: