Friday, May 04, 2007

More Stuff

Supposedly Liberty wants to sell the Braves minor league teams…I guess they’ll just contract with them after that. That could mean the teams can rename themselves, as opposed to just being named the Braves. That could mean more merchandising money for the minor league teams. I guess since Richmond has always been the Braves AAA team, they’ve never changed. These days a change may make sense, with new owners, logistics, etc. there’s also the talk about that Richmond Stadium being old and not draining well, right?

Will has a June tourney in Ellijay, so that Saturday may be a long day…perhaps we’ll all go and do some sightseeing.

After writing that stuff about Matthew yesterday I re-read it, then added the Boy Scout comment…that’s when I thought it up. Like you, that’s not my cup of tea at all. I was a Cub Scout for a couple of years and a Boy Scout for a few months before that petered out. I liked hanging out with my friends, but the meetings were not memorable. The one Boy Scout camping trip was a big flop, and that was the end of my scouting career.

Especially when he was younger, Will’s behavior and health was much effected by what he ate. The same is true with Matthew…that’s something we keep forgetting to monitor.

Hope you saw Salty’s debut last night. I finished a CD book on the way home, and caught the first part of the pregame show, with the news of the callup. Not too bad of a debut. I knew the callup would make a big splash on the Uni-Watch blog, because it had been long mentioned there that he would set the record for the longest name. Readers started posting yesterday afternoon, and by the end of the game there were mentions & pictures of how his name was off-center. Also how Willie Harris wears a double flapped helmet even though he’s not a switch-hitter.

Our EZGo business is expanding, so 2 old employees are moving back to our office, plus 2 more employees are being assigned to work on it. I always “get” to do the training, so that’s filled my mornings this week…plus keeping the temp busy full time. Then next week we’ll have two more people coming in from out of town to train. While it’s helping me with some things, it’s hard to keep up with the little things that arise every day…particularly problems with all the other locations.

No comments: