Monday, May 14, 2007

Squeezing In A Braves Game

At the last minute Thursday I offered to take one of our visitors to the airport. We left the office at noon and there was traffic the whole way…I dropped them off at 12:58. Knowing it would take an hour to get back, and I had to leave at 4 pm anyway, I just went to the Braves game.

I parked and left my car as Hudson recorded the last out in the top of the first, and was in the park before the end of the first. Good decision to quickly buy from a scalper under the bridge ($5 for Lexus Level), because there was still a real long line for tickets. Nice seat in the shade in shallow right field foul territory…I resisted the urge to eat at the Lexus Level Moe’s. When Yates came in I didn’t remember Gonzalez had pitched the last two days. Fun to watch Soriano walk in and close out the ninth.

The game ended about 3:40 and I got to my car just before four, so I got to the field early for the game. I never thought before about the number of BP pitches I’d throw in one session…yesterday we had 14 players take at least 15 - 20 pitches. We lost, but perhaps made baseball history…in the same inning we turned a triple play and suffered a strikeout / pitcher to first putout on the dropped third strike. Will was on the bench when we turned the triple…L4 – 3 – 6.

Good recent posts on Rowland’s office. Dumb comments about Hank by that guy in Alabama…I caught Dimino on Comcast last night. Unbelievable that Aaron could be a bad guy in the Bonds HR chase.

Yesterday I got an AirTran email with a small time change in flights. We leave mid Wednesday afternoon and leave SF Monday evening at 9 pm, to arrive at in Atlanta 5 am Tuesday morning. We’re probably in somewhat similar situations considering travel and our families. Ceil is going through a tough time right now because we’ve been so busy and our house is so messy/disorganized. I straightened up for over two hours Thursday night and made some progress.

No comments: