Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Devastating News?

Monday night we went to Perimeter Mall & Trader Joes, making it home just after 24 started. Listened to some of the pregame/game on the radio, including news of Redman’s good AAA outing. During 24 commercials I was running upstairs to help with baths, so I wasn’t flipping over to the Braves. Just before 10 pm Fox 5 teased their newscast by saying ‘devastating news for Braves playoff hopes!’ I saw it was Smoltz, but missed the report, since it ran second and I was flipping channels. Then I logged on at 10:15 pm to read DOB saying Smoltz might not miss a start.

Yesterday morning 790 was saying Redman would start Friday, I think. They said he did worse than normal in Fenway. Remembering what you said yesterday about Lerew can probably get back on track, Davies having a couple of promising outings, James getting back on track, and Hudson still being hot…although Smoltz getting hurt would throw us for a loop, the cupboard wouldn’t be bare.

After the Mets weekend, I flip over last night just in time to see Delgado’s bases-loaded walk to bring in the game winning run. People keep giving them games.

Houston is ready for me to come back, so I’ll be looking at the Astros schedule.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up my parents near Perimeter Mall and took them to Will’s game…mucho traffic. My folks aren’t doing too well, but they’re driving up today, Saturday, and next week. Ceil’s parents arrive today and get to see Will play for both his teams, as well as Matthew’s 9 am playoff game Saturday. When Matthew heard his Storm team drew the Aeros, he said “good.” I asked why it was good, and he said “they’re all little guys”.

The photos of Will that I post on my blog are all taken by leadoff hitter Corey’s dad...many from behind the centerfield fence. After every game he emails everyone 20 – 30 closeups of all the players. Many times if there’s a crucial play or diving catch, he’s got a shot of it. When I posted the ‘meet the warriors’ post, I considered including photos of each player. Pretty nice.

No comments: