Thursday, April 15, 2010

Extra Long Loss

Arrived at Will’s game last night over an hour late, so I didn’t keep score. Then the game went two more hours, including an extra inning. Lucy’s dad came, who I’d hung out with on the Gulf Shores trip. The team was making errors and playing sloppy.

Will caught, and battled several pitches that bounced in front of the plate. With the score tied, a batter reached first on a strikeout wild pitch. Will had him picked off first, but had to step away from the lefthanded batter, and threw the ball over the tall first-baseman’s head. The opponent went on to score four runs, and Will blamed himself, even though the leftfielder’s misplay allowed two of the runs. Earlier Will almost made a nice diving catch of a popped up bunt, but the third-baseman got in the way.

Sam, my favorite, walked, but was lifted for a pinch-runner…who was promptly thrown out stealing. Sam would’ve made it. His replacement was the leftfielder who would make the 2-run error. In the extra inning the coach wanted Sam to come back in and bat with the bases loaded, but the rules didn’t allow it.

Will got a key hit and later scored, sliding in headfirst just ahead of the throw. On the way home he asked if I thought it was wise to risk the out. I told him I was surprised he hadn’t broken for the plate sooner. He went 2-4, and admitted he should’ve beaten out another grounder, but hadn’t hustled.

Got up at 4 am this morning to take Will to school for his 5 am departure…so I beat EVERYONE to work. The coworker who’s supposed to start at six arrived almost 20 minutes late. Went to Ruby Tuesday’s with the Ogre. A lady mentioned she booked a flight to Seattle for $35.00…she cashed in miles.

The Date Night movie does look funny…I do like Steve Carrell and Tina Fey. Heard him on Q100 last week, and a Fey clip somewhere else.

Ceil is so worried about losing all the pictures we have. We have them on a disk AND a flash drive, but she still doesn’t want to delete them ,to clear up memory. Now my old laptop is our home computer. It’s working fine, but I hope it can take the wear and tear.

I’ve been missing a lot of Braves action. Monday I tuned in with the score 14-0. Facebook has a Jason Heyward Fan Club that’s garnering lots of comments, mostly from fair weather bandwagon jumpers. I’m sure my comments aren’t appreciated.

No comments: