Monday, April 19, 2010

Movie Weekend

Turned out to be a busy weekend. Worked until six Friday night, then went to Zaxbys with C, A, & M. Ceil liked this Zaxby’s at Lower Roswell & Johnson Ferry much better than last week’s, further north on JF near the WalMart. This one was a lot more crowded. Matthew had wings. Then we shopped at Old Navy, Kohls, TJMaxx, & Target. Got home & watched C & A’s favorite Friday night show…TLC’s What Not to Wear. Caught some of the Braves on TV, and earlier on radio.

Saturday & Sunday I worked on getting out the summer clothes from the attic, cleaning out closets, and putting up the winter clothes. Probably got it 80% finished. Should’ve put more in the giveaway pile. So I was on my feet most of Saturday and Sunday. Ceil worked in the yard. Everything’s starting to look better, except for the grass. For that to look better, we’ll need to start with a truckload of dirt. Late in the day I blew off the driveway, which was covered with pollen. Sneezing a little today, but not much.

Took A & M to the 5 pm showing of Percy Jackson at the Picture Show. Anna had read the book, and Ceil had taken both to see it before. No good alternatives for me to watch, so I watched it as well. Interesting role for Pierce Brosnan, as half-man half-horse (a centuar).

That night I had the Braves on, but I wasn’t paying close attention. Saw KK get picked off second. Then we watched the end of The lake House, not a movie to only watch the last 45 minutes of. C & A wanted to watch While You Were Sleeping at nine, so it took me a while to figure out Jimeniz had a no-hitter going, just turning it back during the commercials. We missed the bottom of the 9th, flipping over in time to see the celebration. Three exciting games this weekend at Turner Field.

Sunday Anna was dancing at Eastside Baptist, so we missed NP. Afterwards we ate at Willies, then she turned on Cheaper By the Dozen 2. As she often does, Ceil stopped at Harrys on the way home from NP…not getting home until 2:30. C like the new sermon series, and is looking forward to hearing from Sandra Stanley. Surely this is the first time she’s spoken in big church.

I’ve been talking up Heyward to Ceil…she hadn’t heard of him before the season started. She & Anna went shopping, so she missed the end of the Braves game. It led ESPN’s Baseball Tonight, so she was able to see the highlights. Got to watch The Lake House in it’s entirety. Ceil came in late, so I was basically explaining every scene to her…how they could be in the same place.

I doubt I’ll go to Nebraska with Will in June. I was thinking that would be a good time to go to Fredericksburg VA & DC, without him. Now we may work in an early August beach trip, in addition to the mid July beach trip to SC. I want to go on Will’s school trip in November. All that would completely eat up all my vacation. Guess it’s time to get back on that diet/exercise plan that got shelved in February.

No comments: