Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wood Bats

With the NE-based media, Strasburg can have an average season and beat out Heyward for ROY. He could make the All-Star game. Even Uni-Watch had him as the lead story yesterday. We’ll see how this year’s wunderkind works out. Will’s teammates were talking about him over the weekend.

Wednesday night I took Will to get a wood bat last night, for his games this weekend. Teammate Richie bought one just before their practice yesterday…and cracked it during practice. Will hits so many off the handle, I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t break his.

Will’s head coach is a great guy, with a dry sense of humor. He heard I have been recapping some of the games on Facebook, and asked if I could friend me. Monday I sent him an upbeat but wordy response, telling how many of the recaps focused on Will, since they were written for his grandparents. I attached the recap from last week’s ten inning win, but I haven’t gotten any feedback. The recap included a few negative sentences about the Titans’ comportment…perhaps that’s why. I’ll have to talk to him about it.

Money worries never seem to end. I thought our spending would slow down during the summer, but it hasn’t much. It was good for the whole family to take the Nashville trip together, but it sure ran up the cost.

No comments: