Monday, January 30, 2012

Keeping Up With the Coleys

Interesting Friday evening. On my way home from work I called Ceil. She said Susan had dropped by for a visit, along with Houston and Haviland. After my ClaIrmont Road focus group ended at five, my route home took me past two Goodwills that I rarely visit. Finally arrived home around 7:30, and got an update from Susan on Bryan’s movie.

You may have seen the Crackerjack trailer I re-posted on Facebook. Foxworthy, the Executive Producer (financial contributor), narrated the short YouTube video. Loved his line “From the people who brought you…nothing you’ve ever seen before.” After watching the trailer, I noticed several other “CJmovie” videos on YouTube, some that show Bryan. Anyone who’s played church softball will be able to identify with this movie…I loved how one team had a cartoon Jesus mascot. From the trailer you can tell that the movie will be nothing like the Fireproof and Courageous movies.

Susan said Bryan grew out his great grey goatee soon after he relocated to Savannah for the shooting, to “channel his inner George Lucas”. He told her he’s not a beard person, and shaved it off as soon as the filming was over. Bryan has been driving Susan crazy at home, re-running ten second bits of the movie, to get the sound or music just right. He submitted Crackerjack for the Sundance Film Festival, but only 150 films were selected from over 11,000 submissions. Bryan hopes to submit it somewhere else, unless he finds a deal to distribute it first. He’s also trying to raise money to re-shoot one key scene.

Anna had been babysitting next door, but after she returned home she played dolls with Haviland. Houston has short hair, and he and Matthew played Legos. Around Christmas they all went down to Disney, Epcot, and Harry Potter World. The Coleys still attend Stonecrest Church, where Bryan still plays Todd in Kidstuf (and in YouTube videos with Houston). Susan said they’re starting a new twelve-week Friday night small group, using Bryan’s movie-watching curriculum. She offered us a place in the group, though I doubt we’ll bite.

After the short chat, I had to leave to take Anna way up to her friend’s house in Milton. She drove, and the fifteen mile trip seemed to take forever, on dark two lane roads the whole way. We took one wrong turn, which made it even longer. Anna is progressing as a driver, but needs lots more practice. Around 8:30 Ceil called to say she was going to Willys with the Coleys. Since I was thirty minutes away, I just went home. Ceil and Matthew didn’t get home until after ten.

Will and Joel went down to a Passion college gathering in Buckhead, attended by over 400 students. He had baseball practice Saturday, and then went to Cartersville.

Saturday Ceil and I cleaned, until it was time for M’s game. He looked good in the navy Nike Hyperdunks that I’d found, though they gave him a blister. Picked up Anna and Brittany, and we redboxed Russell Crowe’s “The Next Three Days”…pretty good.

Sunday I placed some things for sale on Craig’s List, though I’m having more luck on eBay. Passion City Church was good, though I hate the traffic. We also ran by IKEA. Today they’re painting the kitchen, and installing the knobs and lights. Lots of co-workers are on Linked In, so last night I spent time updating my profile.

No comments: