Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Food Corner

Not long ago I had a “burger” in Little Five Points with a fried egg on it, and a waffle for a bun. I had to eat it with a knife and fork. Next time we go to Waffle House I’ll have to try eating my eggs and bacon on top of the waffle.

I started back running last week, so by Friday my higher body temperature had me sneezing. Went home and went to bed at 8 pm. Slept til 8 am. Sneezed some more, and I wasn’t 100% all weekend. Watched some Braves and other stuff, and made a dent in the laundry.

Saturday morning C and I went to a “famers market” at the Roswell City Government Buildings. Ceil loved it…expensive breads and home-grown meats and vegetables.  

Ceil cooked burgers Friday night. I had a leftover burger Saturday. Saturday she was craving lasagna, and made the meat sauce from the all natural ground beef she bought in Roswell. Ate those leftovers Sunday.

Sunday night she made homemade pizza. Joel and Mary Clayton came over, and the kids played cards. Earlier in the day I got the emissions tested on the van, and had it washed.

Looks like Joel will be attending Shorter in the fall, on a music scholarship. I know it wasn’t Becky’s first choice. I guess Middle Tennessee State didn’t work out. I’m sure money/scholarships are a factor. The crazy catcher on Will’s team is also going to Shorter. He’d have a tougher time with fundamentalists than Joel.

In movies, don’t you get paid more when you have a speaking part?

No comments: