Friday, April 26, 2013

7 Hours in the Car

Left work at 4:30 on Tuesday and proceeded to spend most of the next SEVEN hours in the car. Traffic home was bad, and I didn’t get home until almost 5:40. I immediately left to take Matthew to his group meeting. While I waiting on him to finish I went through the Wendy’s drive thru and got one of their new flatbread sandwiches. Probably twice as many calories as a McDonalds McWrap. On the way home I got Matthew his usual Taco Bell beefy 5 layer burritos. Dropped off Matthew and changed clothes. At 7:45 Anna and I headed out to Athens to pick up Will’s Jeep. Arrived at his dorm around 9:15, loaded some stuff up, and got back on the road. Got back home at 11:30.

I’m always scared to death of complicated TVs. Ours at home isn’t the simplest. Last year when we at the Zone is was proud that the TV never got messed up. In SC I never mess with my in-laws TV’s.

Games: for a while I was addicted to playing Family Feud on Facebook. Years ago it was Minesweeper, but you need a mouse for that one. Lately I’ve been trying to stay away from games. Words With Friends looks exactly like Scrabble. I’m tempted to try that, but I don’t want to get hooked into a time-sucker. The kids were playing Temple Run on iPhone. They’re always playing something new. M was playing a game where you fly planes and buy airports.

Lazy Wednesday evening…went to bed at nine. Thought I might wake up later and do something, but instead I slept right on through.

This week I need to:
…take Matthew to his small group (this afternoon)
…get my summer clothes out of the attic (before Thursday)
…send in insurance forms
…exercise (but my back still hurts from yardwork Sunday)

Saturday is Anna’s prom, so many pictures will be taken. Friday night Ceil and Anna have to set up flowers. The prom is in Cumming.

Last night for supper we had eggs, bacon, grit, hash browns, and toast.
Sunday night we had fried chicken tenders.
Sunday lunch was hot dogs.
Saturday night we ate at The Grill in downtown Athens, a burger joint.
Lunch Saturday was leftover burritos
Breakfast on Saturday was French toast.
Supper Friday night was Chinese.
Not exactly diet food.

No comments: