Monday, April 29, 2013

Prom Weekend

Thursday night Ceil had driven over to the DeKalb Farmer’s Market to get more flowers for Anna’s prom. After work Friday I stopped off to talk to the mechanic about the van’s transmission. He hadn’t had any success trying to figure out the problem. By the time I got home, C and A had left to go up and set things up for the prom. It was after ten before they got home. Talked to my dad on the phone for a long time. I was on my cell, and the reception wasn’t good in the house, so while I talked I walked around the back yard pulling ivy off the trees. The dead tree that fell in the woods last month was much bigger than I’d thought, so I’ll need to go down and get it out of the creek, if that is possible.

Ceil had been trying to reach me while I was talking to my dad. Matthew had a friend coming over, which meant I spent the next hour frantically cleaning the house. They played Legos and watched Harry Potter. The Braves got routed 10-0 by the Tigers.

Saturday Ceil got a late start, so I drove Anna to North Point Mall, then up past Windward to her pre-prom nail appointment. Drove home, then drove Ceil back to Roswell to pick up the van. Stopped by Kroger, then home to help Matthew with homework. Later we went up to the Hargreaves to take pictures of Anna and her friends in their prom finery. Anna, Caroline, Emily, Brittany, and another friend, plus their dates. Most of the time I was juggling three cameras. There was plenty nice scenery that served as backdrops: trees, a lake, and the horse barn. Anna’s date, Raleigh, was new to this group, and was the quiet type. He drove a nice Duck Dynasty style pickup truck with “In God We Trust” on his license plate. He was too young for Anna to ride with him.  

After pictures the kids ate at a hibachi restaurant. Ceil went straight to the prom to serve as a chaperone, and take down her flowers when it ended. It was almost midnight before Ceil returned home. I went home, ate, and watched the Richard Gere movie Double on Netflix. Later I went over to pick up Matthew at a friend’s house…they had cooked ribs.

Sunday we cleaned house. Later Ceil left for SC: her mother’s surgery is today. Eventually I drove up to pick up Anna, and later I picked up Panda Express for Matthew.  Read my Killing Kennedy book and watched the Braves lose. Should’ve watched the NBA, since I’d been watching all the highlights on SportsCenter.

Monday morning I drove the van to work. It’s not in good shape at all. Traffic on Holcomb Bridge was gridlocked, so I made a U-turn and went Old Alabama.

No comments: