Thursday, April 04, 2013

The GM Diet

Last Friday coworker Chris announced that on Monday she would be starting the week-long GM Diet, a plan the automotive giant gets their executives to follow once a year. Several coworkers have followed the plan with success. When Chris made her announcement two other coworkers said they’d do it as well. I joined in. Monday morning the other two had dropped out. Yesterday Chris dropped out. Ceil has taken an interest, so I’m in it for the whole week. I’ve lost four pounds so far. Today is day four. Here’s what is eaten by day:

1. grapefruit, apples, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, OJ
2. baked potato, tomatoes, salad, OJ, & stir fried vegetables
3. stir fry, grapefruit, apples, strawberries, pineapple, OJ
4. bananas, milk, tomato or vegetable soup  
5. lean beef, tomatoes, soup
6. lean beef, mixed vegetables, soup
7. brown rice, salad, vegetables

I’m figuring out why work has been so busy lately. Spring is my customer’s busy season, and they were especially busy in March…working five and six day weeks instead of the normal four. Now they say they will continue working these longer weeks all the way through June. But the real reason I’m so busy is because we moved business from one subcontractor to another, to improve quality and save money. The original subcontractor coordinated a lot of material tracking and shipment that I must do now. The new subcontractor should do better in the long run, but right now I’m having to check behind them almost every day, instead of once a week.  

My friend came over last night to help me with the taxes. It’s always nice to get that out of the way. Had the Braves on in the background. Ceil and Matthew are on spring break, and went to the dollar movie both Tuesday and Wednesday night…partly to get out of the house while I worked on taxes. Tuesday they saw Parental Guidance, that was filmed in Atlanta. They said it was real good. Last night they watched The Hobbit. I want to rent Lincoln.

No comments: