Sunday, May 11, 2014

Top Ten All-Time NBA Teams

Trying to come up with the Top Ten teams in NBA history. I only know enough about the subject to get me in trouble. 
Some possibilities:
Lakers with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Rambis
Bulls with MJ, Pippen, Phil Jackson, Cartwright
Celtics with Bird, McHale, Parrish, Dennis Johnson, Ainge
Lakers with Chamberlain, Goodrich, Jerry West
Celtics with Heinson, Havilcek, Russell, Cousey
Heat with Lebron, Bosh, and Wade
Spurs with David Robinson and Tim Duncan
Sixers with Erving, Barkley, Andrew Tony, Moses Malone, Bobby Jones 
Knicks with Willis Reed, Dave DeBusshire, Phil Jackson, & Bill Bradley

Were the Bucks any good when they had Oscar Robertson and Kareem?

The internet is full of “all-time” lists, like on bleacherreport.com, written by 20 year olds, with the top ten all-time this or that, and nothing from before 1990 is ever included.   

APRIL 4: Took my time driving home Friday. Stopped by Kroger. C and A eventually went out shopping for a prom dress. They didn’t leave home until almost eight.

APRIL 5: Saturday I made two trips down to the Atlanta Community Ministries recycling event in the lower SPdL parking lot. We had over twenty years of old paint cans we needed to get rid of. On the way back I stopped by the Dollar Tree and some thrift stores. On the second trip Matthew rode with me. When I go to a thrift store I usually take my time making my way to the back of the store where the bobbleheads are. Saturday the Perimeter Mall store was packed. When I got to the back of the store this guy had just picked up three Thrashers bobbleheads. Later he found a Larry Johnson bobble head that I hadn’t seen. Probably for the best.

Ceil spent Saturday putting out pine straw. I finished cleaning out the utility room, which really needed it. That night we were both tired. We watched the Braves game and Kentucky / Wisconsin.

APRIL 6: Sunday morning Ceil drove over to Athens to spend the day with Will. They attended the church where Will was baptized on April 27. I drove M down to PCC, did laundry, ironed shirts, and watched the Braves and House of Cards. Also watched the movie The Bucket List, which I’d wanted to watch for a long time. Better than I had expected.   

APRIL 7: Rained hard all the way to work. I may have to be gone three hours today for a doctor’s appointment. And my elbow seems to be infected. It hurts to bend it. Might need to go to another doctor about that.

APRIL 9: Santana was dominant again, and the league-leading starter’s ERA dropped even lower. Looked like Kimbrel was mixing his pitches too much instead of relying on his fastball.

I worked until six and stopped by Kroger on the way home. Dinner was chicken tenders, a low-cal cole slaw, and steamed broccoli. Watched highlights of the par three contest and the Braves game. Good thing I didn’t pick Ryan Moore after all – he won the par three, and no one has ever won the par three contest and the Masters in the same year. Ceil worked on her art and M practiced guitar.

No comments: