Friday, May 16, 2014

The Silent Killer

The murdered/kidnapped elderly couple in Putman County don’t live far from George O’Leary on the lake. Then yesterday someone docked a boat at their dock (they probably ran out of gas). Ben Rothlisberger’s house is nearby as well. Today we learned that Mandi, one of our young sales reps, was in the bar in Milledgeville when Big Ben got into trouble. Ben had asked Mandi and her friend to come back to his private party room, but they turned him down. Mandi’s boyfriend had been playing in the Cardinals organization. The Cardinals don’t strike out a lot. It all ties together – Yadier Molina is the killer.  

MONDAY: Stopped by the cleaners on the way home. Ceil called, needing me to stop by Kroger for trash bags. Since I wasn’t feeling well I stopped at the first Kroger I passed, and picked up some Powerade and cereal to snack on. Later she needed corn starch, so I had to stop at a second Kroger. Will and Mary-Clayton had been potting plants, and stayed for dinner – baked burritos again. I only ate one, and skipped the rice. Ate at 7:45 and watched 24 at nine. At ten I watched the Braves while packaging Ebay items.  

TUESDAY: Worked until 5:30. Earlier W and MC went to Morgan Falls Park, potted plants, and baked cookies. Ceil baked chicken and gravy, with rice, for dinner. I was up late helping M and A with school, so today I am tired. M had to gather info on the Whiskey Rebellion, the Battle of Gettysburg, and the Manhattan Project. His history book did not mention the Manhattan Project a single time. Anna had two Advanced Placement papers to write. I helped with a paper on the effectiveness of labor unions between 1875 and 1900. Let me know if you have any questions. While we worked I had the Braves game muted.

WEDNESDAY: Crazy day at work. Had to help Anna again last night write papers…comparing and contrasting the economic policies of Jefferson and Andrew Jackson. Also comparing the foreign policy and military strategy of the Korea War and Vietnam. Great stuff. Ceil went to art, Will went to Chattanooga, and Matthew went to the FBC Atlanta youth group with a friend. Anna and I had Duck Dynasty on the TV while we worked. Actually saw an episode I hadn’t seen before. Ceil came in and turned it to Burn Notice.

THURSDAY: Watched Walter Mitty for the first time last night. Great movie – one of my all-time favorites. Finally realized that Ben Stiller looks like my friend Steve Falis, especially in that movie. A long time ago someone said I was Walter Mittyesque. Think I’ll read the James Thurber book. Anna slept over a Brittany’s house last night. Will went with MC’s family to Greenville SC. They arrived back after we had gone to bed.

Haven’t been reading much about the Donnan trial. It is amazing the coach of a major football school would get involved with something like that. Interesting that during a recess in the trial that he would ask a sportswriter about a current coach.

Civic passed 200,000 miles last Friday. Nothing big on tap for the weekend. Plenty of cleaning and laundry to do.

Tech loses basketball player Carter, who will transfer. Why do players think the grass is always greener on the other side? Perhaps he didn’t like the program or coach. He averaged 11 points last year. Whatever happened to commitment and sticking to a decision? Things sure have changed. Kids today grow up switching basketball programs and schools every year. They’re used to the nomadic life, to live with constant change. Not my idea of fun.

Two offices were added at work, and pals Dennis and Debbie quickly moved in. Newcomer Andrea snapped up the last office nearest the Ogre. Earlier Tim and Eric swapped places, and now my talkative neighbor Godzilla has to move into Debbie’s old spot. Then my team-member Dialysis moves back next to me. Still two open spots that are supposed to be filled soon (nicknames not all by my design). We’re supposed to log on a particular way to lessen drain on the computer network. Since my computer works fine, I don’t do that.   

See Elin Nordigren’s graduation speech? Good for her.

No comments: