Friday, May 23, 2014

Bang for One Buck

Good game Thursday night. I did the dollar ticket routine. Wore my royal Braves shirt and Boston Braves cap. Changed into the Braves shirt under the interstate bridge. A couple of kids saw me, and I told them not to laugh, that they'd be old one day. In the dollar line I befriended a young man in a Chipper All Star jersey. I'd seen him in the past at BP. Goes to about 30 games per year, including most bobblehead games. Talked to Johnny during Braves BP, but the Brewers didn't take BP.

The game used store had fitted caps for sale, but they were the 2013 navy spring training caps with the red A with white trim. I didn't like that style, so I didn't get one. Not crazy about those navy 2014 spring training caps with the cursive a…the a is too large. Glad they're not wearing them for BP. I wore my cap last night and looked terrible. Some are too tight and look bad. The Boston cap is a little big and it doesn't look good.

Went up to the upper deck and was cleaning out emails on my phone. Didn't care about running down the battery because I knew there were charging stations, and I thought I might leave before the game ended. When the game started two innings passed without incident.

I usually try to avoid conversations with ushers, but one approached, asking if I was alone and if I wanted to move down to a better seat. Kinda weird, but I agreed. Had a nice chat as we walked to the elevator and down to the first row behind the SunTrust seats. Larry has worked in customer relations for ten years. After his first year he was named Braves employee of the year, out of over three thousand employees. They gave him an autographed jersey (included Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, Bobby, Chipper, Andruw, etc).
The seat was great and the game got exciting. Since they were playing the Brewers, I should've worn my Uecker jersey. Sat my four black ladies who'd received the same treatment as me. We had a great time chatting and enjoying our good fortune. Friday morning they flew to Charlotte for a weekend of NASCAR races. Later I spied Andy Stanley sitting with his two sons, three rows behind the SunTrust sign. He's sat there before. One of his sons might've seen me taking their picture. Since I had the great seats I stayed to the end.  

Walking out of the stadium I saw Marshall's son, and we chatted on the way to our cars. Marshall was out of town at a bridge tournament. His son is minister of music at Shurling Hills Baptist in Warner Robins. Drove out of the parking lot at 11:10. Hadn't eaten, so I tried three drive thru's without success. Stopped a RaceTrac to fill up my drink cup and still made it home by 11:50.

Will is driving my Civic to Hilton Head Friday evening to meet up with MC's family for the long weekend. The CRV has a bubble on a tire, so I'll get it replaced tomorrow.

No comments: