Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Days of our Lives

Friday I had leftover chicken, rice, and gravy for lunch. Felt bad the rest of the day. Anna went to her school’s graduation, then a party afterwards. Then she spent the night at Brittany’s. Ceil and Will went to the grocery store. Eventually we ate hot dogs, fries, baked beans, and slaw.

Saturday Ceil and Will went to Costco. I cleaned upstairs and outside. Ceil cleaned out the extra bedroom/sewing room/art room. Will washed dishes. Later Will went over to the Norman’s house. Ceil and Matthew went to the grocery store and brought back PaPa John’s pizza. Couldn’t go out to eat Saturday night because Anna was at another graduation party. She’s been to so many parties that she is running out of different outfits to wear.

Sunday Ceil, Will, and Anna each drove down to PCC in separate cars. Anna came home at noon. Ceil got back at four. Will went over to the Normans. I drove M down to PCC at 3 pm and picked him up at 7:30. So we put over 240 miles on three vehicles. Later Ceil went to the grocery store for the third straight day. Part of it is that we are running around all the time and never plan ahead. Not that school has let out perhaps things will calm down.

I swung by a thrift store and was looking at shirts when another customer walked up and handed me a shirt. It normally sells for $200-$400 but was too big for him. It was just the kind of shirt I was looking for, a blue check. Now I have to dig out some cufflinks. I still have some that were my grandfathers.

Monday night all five of us were to Outback Steakhouse in Roswell – Ceil’s treat. I was wary of the bun, so I skipped my usual burger and got chicken tenders and baked potato. Ceil got a chicken dish with potato. Anna a grilled chicken ceasar salad. Matthew baby back ribs. Will got a baked potato and chicken sandwich. The bun looked ok. When I changed my fries for a potato both C and A groaned – they wanted to eat fries off my plate. Anna and Matthew didn’t eat the blooming onion, so there was plenty for W, C, and me. Too spicy for me though. After ordering salad and missing out on fries, Anna wanted to order the chocolate thunder from down under (she decided not to). Good food and a good time.

Back home we all watched 24 – very good. Afterwards I watched the end of the Braves game. Also very good. Another quality start from Minor, who also scored on a sacrifice fly. Didn’t get much sleep due to too much Coke Zero at Outback AND our dog not sleeping. Finally I went downstairs to sleep. Then the dog came downstairs! He needed to go outside at 3:30 am. Afterwards I was going to shut him out of the bedroom, but he bounded up the stairs ahead of me. I went back to the couch. Finally got to sleep about the time the alarm rang. Tired today.

This summer Joel Norman is leading worship for a camp ministry in Texas and Tennessee. Yesterday Charles Norman reported to his summer job at Camp Highland in Ellijay, where Will served the last two summers. David Norman is getting married on July 26 or August 2. Will enjoyed his first day at the botanical garden.

No comments: