Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: Moms Night Out

Saturday afternoon C, M, and I met six friends at Town Center to see “Moms Night Out” – made by that church in Albany that made the movies Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous.
Moms Night Out was a good comedy starring Sean (Rudy) Astin, Patricia (Everyone Loves Raymond) Heaton, and country music star Trace Adkins. Filmed in Birmingham. Heaton plays the pastor’s wife of a large Baptist church, who goes on a night out with two younger, harried moms. Adkins plays the tough old tattooed biker dude who delivers the most poignant moment at the end. Though Moms Night Out ends with an all too obvious message like the other movies, I still recommend it. Though there were only eleven people at our showing (our group plus another couple) the film has fared decently in theaters. After the movie we all ate at Five Guys.

Speaking of movies, Bryan Coley reports that (1) Crackerjack DVD’s should hit Wal-Mart by Christmas and (2) son Houston just received his first royalty check from YouTube.

Saturday morning I went to my favorite tire place to get one new tire. I had spotted a bubble on one tire and had planned on getting it replaced Saturday. When I showed it to Ceil before I left Saturday morning the bubble had a small crack in it. Had a nice chat with the left-handed owner of Tire Deals while his guys quickly replaced the tire. He’s been in business for 17 years, so I’ve been a customer for almost the whole time. I first spotted his ad in the AJC sports section, which really dates me, he said. On the way home I stopped by RaceTrac for a breakfast burrito, the ATM, and the post office to mail two EBay packages. Back home I cleaned up.

Sunday Ceil’s friend Estella was baptized at PCC. I watched the Braves, drove M down to the Five Guys near PCC, and got a decent amount done around the house – including sorting out more old clothes and getting some ready for EBay.

Monday we pulled everything out from under our bed, dusted, and organized, cleaned. Ceil says she’s going to paint the room. I also did a lot of laundry and dishes. M went out for wings with friends and C, A, and I had hot dogs. Watched 24. I was exhausted from all the work.   

Last year I joined the neighborhood pool because for years Matthew liked to go around 8 or 9 pm. We’d usually have the pool to ourselves. Anna never liked going. Last year we only went once, so this year I didn’t join. Friday Anna calls, wanting to go lay out at the pool. She went anyway. As I suspected, someone let her in.

No comments: