Saturday, April 22, 2017

South's Gonna do it Again

If you are like me
you were fired up after the January sales meeting
when Eric admonished us to not let up after reaching number one
with the new 2017 motto "Let me see you war face."

Got me thinking that we needed a fight song
but to my knowledge there are no songs written
about letting me see your war face.
so I had to write my own.
Not an easy task to fit Let Me See Your War Face into a song lyric
or find a word that rhymes with TUBE LASER.
But I did it.

Now I'm not a singer.
My son is in a band and I tried to get him to record it.
Instead I will perform a dramatic reading
Much in the style of William Shatner (the Priceline guy)
performing "Send in the Clowns"
- check it out on Spotify.

Sung to the tune of "The South's Gonna do it Again"
by the Charlie Daniels Band

Warehouse-wise - the truck to Centerless is runnin' right on time
And Brad Ford's Boys are fading up in Caroline
Loaders down in Florida can't be still
When Randy Michalski's sellin' down in Jacksonville
People down in Georgia call from far and near
But hate Mack Turner bragging 'bout that big ol' deer

So get paid, get paid for what you do
Sell fab, you can sell fab here
Under promise. Under promise but over deliver.
Let Me See Your War Face
'Cause the South's gonna do it again (and again)

Shane Stewart sittin' on a wooden pail
He ain't good lookin', but he sure can sell
And there's Jhannio, he's a real playa
cause Evan Shirey's runnin the tube laser

So get paid, get paid for what you do
Sell fab, you can sell fab here
Under promise, under promise but over deliver
now Let Me See Your War Face
'Cause the South's gonna do it again (and again)

No comments: