Friday, February 16, 2018

pons duh lee on

Tiger was what, one over – so the scores must be low. Today he doesn’t tee off until three. Playing with Rory and Justin Thomas, a good threesome to follow. Didn’t realize this was the first year Rory played Pebble Beach. His amateur partner was his dad. I hate it when people just call it Pebble. Call it Pebble Beach. Better yet call it the Crosby or the Clambake.

Same with Virginia Highland. You can tell when someone is new in town and they call it “The Highlands.” Sheesh. Scott Morris was just talking about how newbies mess up the Atlanta pronunciation of Ponce-de-Leon (“pons duh lee on”) and Atlanna and Da kab County. Ponce de Leon Park was “Ole Poncey.”

The doctor this morning said all was well. I am having some sensations similar to before the surgery, not really pain but slight discomfort. Doc said that was normal. Appointment was at 7:45. I arrived at 7:36 and got called back at 7:44. A quick exam and discussion, and I was done at 7:49. In and out. Also helped that I went to the office off Old Milton Parkway as opposed to down at Northside Hospital at 400 & 285.

Worked until six Thursday night. M had gotten called into work. C warmed up the leftover baked chicken, and tossed a salad. She’d found a Psych marathon on Hallmark Mystery Channel. Then we watched more Gilmore Girls.

I need to get the bank app so I can make deposits on my phone. Will has been doing it for several years. I kinda like stopping by the bank but there are some times things are needed immediately.

I need to get down to the Light funeral on Sunday as well. I hear for the Stumm funeral they want to pack the choir loft.

No comments: