Monday, April 08, 2019

Man of Many Patents

I've known Carl Bedingfield for forty years. He’d been ahead of me at Georgia Tech. Taught Sunday School in the college department at SPdL, as I recall (right, Don?). Got to know him and his young family. Man of God. Quiet and humble, hilarious and a great musician. Can fix anything. Also the world's smartest man on a ton of subjects, my shout out if I'm ever on the Cash Cab. The article and video are worth checking out. I shared with several coworkers.
 
Father of Patents: How Carl Bedingfield Embraced the Spirit of Constant Innovation -
 

Interesting article on Forbes.com: Climategate 2.0: New E-Mails Rock The Global Warming Debate. When is science not science? When the data is manipulated. Proof that Climate Change is a political / power / control issue, as opposed to a scientific / ecological one.
 

As usual what happened on Friday is now hard to remember. We were dog-sitting Okie, so Barney was jealous. I probably turned on the start of the Braves game. All the weekend Braves games were running together. They won on Friday, lost on Saturday, and won on Sunday. Minter walked a couple of batters, and on Sunday Newcomb. Viscaino scares me. Sunday he blew the save, giving up a home run to Curtis Granderson. The offense had to home back and win the game. Dansby is making a lot of the so called experts look bad.
 
Got home Friday and drove Ceil to the grocery store. She was tired of chicken so I suggested burgers. Also fries and baked beans. 
 
Saturday I’d forgotten small group had been moved to 4 pm. Got up and out, so I moved my meeting with my brother from 11:30 to ten. He texted me the wrong street name, so I wound up driving all the way to Buford before turning back.
 
Drove out to Suwanee to tour an assisted living facility open house. Fancy. They had a big band and singer, jugglers on stilts, coffee bar, marble countertops, faux fireplaces, hair salon, exercise room, sitting areas, home theater, two dining rooms, and more. After our tour we received a complimentary lunch from one of three food trucks. I passed on the Maine Lobster truck and got a philly cheese sandwich from the Spice food truck.
 
Got gas on the way home. C had gone to the Dekalb Farmers Market. I cut the grass. Last weekend I’d had trouble getting the mower started so I got fresh ethanol free gas, and it started on the first pull.
Cooled off while watching the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and some of the Clemson spring game on ESPN, then headed over to small group. Went to Kroger afterwards, then home to blow the driveway and wash my car. Was after seven when I came inside. W&MC arrived at eight after spending the day in Augusta at the golf tournament. M joined us all for supper: grilled chicken, tossed salad, rice, and squash. 
 
We were eating dinner with W&MC during the end of the Virginia / Auburn game. I saw the double dribble play but didn’t spot the infraction. Guy, the UVA player, did well to hit all three foul shots for the win. Glad Auburn lost – their fans are bad enough as it is. After the game they showed the teams circling up at midcourt for prayer. UVA hero Guy was well-spoken, and first gave glory to God. Later we watched a Hallmark movie, the end of the Braves game, and the last ten minutes of the Texas Tech win. I was rooting for Michigan State. After the game CBS showed the Texas Tech locker room, but quickly cut away then then got on their knees to pray.
 
Sunday School and worship. Ceil cooked pizza for lunch. I ate leftovers for supper. Lazy day. Watched just about the entire Braves game. We took Barney for a one mile walk. Before leaving for church that morning I had gone outside, and saw a huge fox cross the street and disappear into the woods. On our walk we saw a huge herron with dark feather soar down and land in the creek behind our house. Our neighbor said she saw it there often. Better look out for the fox.
 
Nothing on TV so I went to bed at 8:45. Had to get up early on Saturday, but slept until nine on Sunday morning (we get to S.S. around ten). Didn’t take much of a nap Sunday afternoon, so went to bed around 8:45 Sunday night. Was messing around on my phone but fell asleep before nine. Slept until six this morning – nine hours. Still didn’t feel that great – perhaps a pollen-induced headache.

No comments: