Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Sugar Bowl



Really haven't watched many bowl games, for one reason or another. Plenty of teams I don't mind watching: FSU, Texas A&M. Florida. Bama vs Michigan. Auburn. Late Tuesday and today I have been continuing to binge watch the parenthood series. Almost finished with season two.

Now UGA Baylor. First half all UGA but Baylor showed life in the second half. I didn't think the supposed out of bounds hit on concussion-prone Baylor QB Charlie Brewer was that bad. 
 
Tuesday: got up on the road to Macon around 9 am. Stopped by RaceTrac and Taco Bell and a store on Northside Drive. Saw a guy from Cobb there and talked to him. In Macon I helped my mom clean out old papers from her office - ten to 20 year old papers. So many they filled up my trunk and back seat. Taking them to get shredded.



Ceil is volunteering down at the Passion Conference at Mercedes Benz Stadium. So is Bruce Ambrose. Bruce called me, and he's going to try to track down Ceil.

Picked up Arbys for supper. My brother stopped by on his way back from Orlando, where he'd been refereeing a soccer tournament. Drove back and just got back at ten.
Since I didn't get home until 10 pm last night I stayed up playing on my laptop. Ceil had a late night at the Passion Conference, which included fireworks at midnight both outside and inside Mercedes Benz Stadium.
She said today they were going to open the roof. It opened, but it took longer than expected. Barney sure misses Ceil.
Will had to work New Years Eve until 4 am. M worked 12-8 today. Anna has her wedding festivities going on.
 
I slept late and made it to the YMCA. Not super crowded. Did my 4 miles. Shopped on line for running shoes and a nice backpack to replace my briefcase. Haven't found the perfect one yet. Then I sat at the kitchen table for several hours and finally did some work to finish my 2019 scrapbook calendar. Had a weird tape dispenser that wasn't easy to use, so it took longer. Ate leftover beef stew and also a leftover hamburger. Did some laundry and also dishes in the kitchen. 

Below: Detroit Lions DB / punter Lem Barney. 
 

No comments: