Friday, January 31, 2020

Who Am I?

QUIZ: What popular right-hander graced the cover of Time magazine following his 30-win season? TIME= Volume XXV, No. 15; 15-Apr-1935
 
He is the last known pitcher in his league to win the MVP in a season where he also won 30 games. - MVP = 1934
 
He is known by two different first names and two different second names - Jay Hanna, and Jerome Herman
 
Who is he?
 
Talked to David Hall last night, Maryann’s son. He’s doing well. His baby daughter is almost one. David had lunch with Daniel Dao yesterday, who is also doing well. We may meet up for breakfast soon. Since David graduated from Marist (in 1995) my friend Preston wanted to talk to him. Preston is thinking about sending his daughter there.
 
Left work at 2:15. Focus group on getting rid of moisture product, and potential advertising. Then to the gym to lift weights for an hour. Ceil cooked homemade refried beans and rice, with tossed salad. Also lime chips. C watched Project Runway while I played on my laptop.
 
Pot luck at work today: hot dogs, chicken pot pie, buffalo dip, cakes, chickfila biscuits and hash browns, Mexican dip, chips, etc. I brought soft drinks. I’m still full.
 
Speaking of MC, last week I was looking at Facebook. MC’s mom had just posted pictures of MC’s brother proposing to his girlfriend Holly, whose family we’ve known for years (her brother played basketball for Oglethorpe). I told Ceil about the engagement. She said yes, that happened two weeks ago. I’m always the last to know. Congrats T&H.
 
Kinda doubt I’ll make it to the Sara service on Sunday. If I do I know where you sit. I hear there will be a choir singing The Majesty and Glory of Your Name. Tell me this: how are the Wisenbaker’s related to the Sara’s? I never knew there was a connection.  
 
Anna’s new job is located in the same building as her favorite coffee shop. Just down the street for Taqueria del Sol, her favorite restaurant. Anna’s boyfriend Christian says that’s all Anna eats is tacos, and it’s true. Christian likes Waffle House.
 
Earlier this week on the way home from the gym I was driving through the neighborhood adjacent to our street. It’s the street I run on early in the morning when I run outside. I was driving down a hill not a quarter mile from our house as the crow flies, and a huge fox scampered across the street. Gotta be on the lookout when I walk Barney.
 
C took Barney to the doctor today about his leg. If he doesn’t get surgery he will be more susceptible to arthritis.
 
A writer I know always puts out excellent work. His memorial of Kobe written for his media company was better than any other that I read.  
 
 
QUIZ ANSWER: Dizzy Dean.


No comments: