Sunday, March 08, 2020

Get Your Head in the Game

At heart I may be a bit of an introvert, a type 9 enneagram, but I'm thankful glad my life forces me to engage in developing relationships and communicating with other people, face to face. So real, so hard. Far unlike social media.

Working in an office five days a week: relating, conversing, with give and take with dozens of people of various ages and backgrounds, attending Sunday School and meeting with three other guys most every week, discussing how God Jesus and the Bible work in my life, and the actions I should take with me, my family, and the others around me - and what I did and did not do...being accountable to others (and God) for my actions and words. Hard to do this without actually spending time with others on a regular basis.

Thinking about a couple of verses this morning:

Colossians 2:6: As therefore you received Christ Jesus as Lord, so walk in Him

Ephesians 4:1: ...I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called...

The key word is WALK. Doing. Acting. not just existing but getting off the bench and getting in the game. I speak from experience - the first step may be tough, but the water is great once you jump in with both feet.

I've been out of town for four of the last six days (so the 2-1/2 days at work were super busy). Leaving town for the next three days as well. Can't wait, but work this Thursday and Friday will be slammed as well. Then no telling what will be going on next weekend. All this to say the old blog quality is likely to stay spotty for the next few days. 

No comments: