Friday, October 05, 2007

More Stuff

Will is playing for a home school team…he’s on the JV (9th & 10th). The varsity is supposed to be above average in their league, playing against small Christian schools. They play at FBC Sandy Springs, where Lang probably played years ago. Will is pumped about basketball, making his interest in baseball not as great. I’ll miss two weekends, and he will miss two weekends. Don’t really want to go to his last game without him just to keep the team books. Looks like I could be the team scorekeeper!

I just booked my Miami trip. Kinda have to fly American, so I’m not getting Delta or AirTran frequent Flyer miles. My friend/old boss Steve is driving down from Orlando and will go to the game with Nelson and me. They’re both big football and Miami fans, just not the kind to wear the team colors or anything. Steve thinks Tech should win, that Miami hasn’t played anyone. Tech could let up this week after the big win, then be ready to play against Miami.

Ceil has been real sick this week. I couldn’t sleep Monday or Tuesday night…Tuesday I left work at noon, and wound up running the kids around all afternoon/evening. Ceil was going to work another wedding this weekend, but backed out due to her sickness, business, Matthew’s been a pill, and her parents coming Sunday.

All the Yankee sports talk guys on the radio are going on and on about the Cubs, Mets, Phils, Red Sox, and Yankees…as if us Southerners live and die for those teams like they do. At least they’re talking about baseball. The local guys hardly ever talk baseball or golf or basketball…it’s mainly football, especially from July to February…then there’s the draft as well. I like the 790 midday guys better than Cowherd, but they’re mostly football.

No comments: