Monday, October 29, 2007

Sick Weekend

I wasn’t feeling good all last week, and felt worse Saturday and Sunday morning. Probably didn’t help to go up to the ball field and sit out in the cold. Will didn’t play, but I needed to tie up some ends, so I scored the game. Fourteen year-old on the other team threw 107 pitches over 6 innings…only allowed one hit / 9 K’s / 8 walks. Besides Will, the other good player wasn’t there either, so they didn’t have anyone to make things happen.

Saturday night we were supposed to eat with a family in town from Germany, but I stayed home because I felt so bad. Got to watch the Series on the couch. Did a little late Sunday afternoon, and Ceil and I snuck out for some nearby Mexican. Anna painted some shelves for her room. Will has something every night this week, which means I do as well.

I would be more motivated to go to my high school reunion, but like no one from my old gang goes. I know many that do go, but they weren’t my best friends. So I really didn’t miss going this time.

Saw Joe Saturday morning at Publix. I knew his oldest daughter Jennifer lives near him (and us) in East Cobb, and has a child. Probably haven’t seen her since Claire’s wedding. Kathryn is getting married to a Clemson grad. “Little” Joe is still living at home, he said.

No comments: