Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Death of a Salesman

Got an email from the Birmingham office today…a 51 year-old lady that worked there had a heart attack and died Monday evening (not at the office). I had just replied to an email of hers that day.

Interesting that the AJC.com's DOB senses the Rockies are wide-eyed going into Boston, and Beckett and Schilling and Dice K could cool them off real quick. And I agree with Rowland’s Office, that it will be more interesting with Boston than Cleveland. I didn’t watch enough to know as many Indians as Sox.

What were they talking about this morning on 680, that someone in the Boston ownership group had something to do with breaking the Paul Byrd story right in the middle of the ALDS? With millions on the line, I guess there will be pitchers (and hitters, and football and basketball players) that roll the dice with steroids and HGH. The temptation of Paul Byrd.

Adding seats behind the plate at the Ted…less foul territory was the first thing I thought of. Goes both ways, but…

I felt fine until I got to work this morning…been sneezing ever since. Interesting ghost stuff on Q100, though I wonder how much of it was manufactured.

So last Friday the sale of our company went through, to the Platinum Group. The top three bigwigs “left the company” and a director from here in Norcross was named COO. They say they’re going to decentralize, which is good for us outlying types, I suppose.

Margaret, David & Mary’s 12 year old daughter is home from the hospital now, and is expected to recover fully from leukemia. There are more treatments, and she could lose her hair (she dyed it red for fun, since she was losing it anyway). The Hurts have received lots of support, particularly from Buckhead Church and Living Science, where my oldest two also attend. Ceil and the kids visited their new house yesterday…they’re going to fence in their yard and get some miniature horses.

No comments: