Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Stuff

The Braves never collapsed like the Mets. Good for the Phils. I’m rooting for the Padres and Cubs.

You know I enjoyed the Astros throwback unis this weekend. This month Biggio requested that they wear grey road tops instead of the red they’d worn all year. They had to make new jerseys for all the call-ups as well. I wanted to watch the Braves to see all the backups and rookies play (except Woodward, of course).

Month end Friday and today, the first day of the month, have both been busy. Finally got my 20th anniversary reward (two months late), which I’m returning for a plain ring to replace my current wedding ring. They didn’t make a big deal about the anniversary…my actual off-site boss didn’t show, instead passing the reward presentation to Damon, who did make a nice speech and write a nice personal note. Then today while Damon was out of town they hit me with extra work. In previous regimes if the boss couldn’t celebrate, they’d tell me to take Ceil out for a nice dinner. I’m tempted to go to Canoe and turn in the bill, but these are different people I’m dealing with.

Andy said something that reminded me that he is at least a little like me…when telling the Starbucks drive-thru story, he was very wary of taking too much time at the drive-thru window, saying that if he were the one waiting back in line he’d be honking his horn and shaking his fist.

All in all, if Tech beats Clemson, I don’t mind if they lose all the rest of their games. Ceil usually doesn’t follow the season, but is always in a bad mood when they play. Neither team played super great. Tech (or Clemson) has not been good enough over the last 30 years for me to spend thousands of dollars traveling around going to games. Not worth it to me. But even if the Braves don’t make the playoffs, it’s nice to have them nearby so I can spend a few bucks to see them play whenever I feel like it. And over the past 17 years they’ve certainly been worth following, especially compared to their competition.

Will’s basketball will take up more time than baseball, I am just now finding out. Practices from 8:15 – 10:15 pm. I let Ceil sign up for her Bible Study and knitting class because she wanted to...now she’s overwhelmed with all her commitments.

No comments: