Sunday, January 06, 2013

Looks at Books

Right now I'm trying to formulate what books I want to read this year. Finished a short book on Lincoln, and currently listening to a recording of an interview Jackie Kennedy gave in March 1964 about JFK. The recordings were sealed until after Jackie's death, and remained unpublished until 50 years after his presidential election.

Jeff Henderson is the former campus pastor at Buckhead Church, and now pastors North Point's new Gwinnett Church. He played high school basketball, and is a sports freak. About my age. The Magical Lights at Lake Lanier were his idea. Then he went to work at Chickfila, in charge of sports marketing. For years he was responsible for the bowl game, though he has worked for North Point for almost ten years. His father was a preacher. Jeff published his proposed 2013 reading list…48 books.

Busy Friday at work. Thursday night Ceil was watching the Passion Conference on the computer, and I was on my laptop with the Fiesta Bowl game on the TV. Anna is babysitting this week, and C and M went to the DeKalb Farmers Market.

Feeling poorly, I wore the same clothes for most of the past weekend.


No comments: