Thursday, August 01, 2013

On the Road AGAIN

Had an interesting Wednesday evening. Left work at 4:45. Stopped by Ace Hardware to get a new key made for the CRV. Took about 45 minutes for the guy to get it right. Then traffic was worse going home. Ceil called, and was having trouble with her ATM card. I was almost home, but had to drive up to the Johnson Ferry Publix. Had to wait in line to get money at the ATM, then drop it off at Publix. Didn't get home until 6:45.

Ceil says that even though Will just went to Athens on Monday, he is driving home because he needed his original Social Security card and birth certificate. Fortunately, I didn't have them in a safe deposit box. Unfortunately, since items like that would surely get lost in our house, I keep them at work. Sure would've been nice to have known Will needed them BEFORE I left work.

Ceil went to Publix, then Whole Foods, so she didn't get home until 7:30. Ceil forgot hamburger buns, so I had to go back to Kroger. On the way I passed Will driving up to the house.

By the time I returned with the buns (after 8 pm) Will was ready to leave. He had a friend riding with him that needed the same info, who lived in Roswell. I drove straight to work, ran in, and retrieved the needed documents. Backtracking toward his friend's house off Old Alabama, I found traffic on Old Milton gridlocked due to a westbound water main break AND eastbound motorcycle accident. Met Will and gave him the documents, stopped by the bank, and got gas. By the time I got home it was almost 10 pm.

No comments: