Thursday, August 22, 2013

Uecker Jersey

Well, I did it. Ordered this early 60’s cream-colored Braves Bob Uecker jersey from Amazon. Had to guess what size to order, since sizes vary greatly among MLB jerseys. I own some XL/52’s that fit great, but I also have a size 56 that fits well too. Comments for this seller said the jerseys run small, so I ordered a 54, and crossed my fingers. The jersey ships from China, so I’ll see it in a month. From the photo it appears the letters on the back are smaller than the original huge letters, and there’s no Indian patch on the sleeve.
What’s different (and nice) about this jersey and a current cream jersey is the color of the name on back (old = thick red, new = thin black) and sleeve stripes (old = yes, new = no). The jersey is made from modern cool-base fabric, which is also fine with me. We shall see.   

No comments: