Friday, August 16, 2013

Riding Around Week

SATURDAY: Went to the Gwinnett Braves game…Craig Kimbrel bobbleheads. Head the Johnson Ferry adult choir sand the national anthem at Saturday night’s Atlanta Braves game.

SUNDAY: Dropped Matthew off down at PCC and picked up Ceil. We did some back to school shopping at Target…very crowded. Watched the rest of the Braves game, read my Grisham book, and watched some of the Dodgers/Rays game. ESPN loves LA. They had a graphic showing the Braves had the best record in the MLB, but no one would say they were the best team. Curt Schilling said the Dodgers were better, and got Craig Kimbrel’s name wrong. Someone did say that Freddie Freeman had MVP numbers, and that Chris Johnson was helping the Braves cut down on strikeouts. Earlier in the season the Braves were second behind the Astros in strikeouts, but now they’re in the “middle of the pack.” Puig was adored, and his two strikeouts were hardly mentioned. ESPN did show a coach instructing Puig after he missed a suicide squeeze sign.

MONDAY: Ceil had a lot of running around to do. Met me to get info to get the CRV license plate, spent a lot of time at the tag office, and had a meeting last night at school. I had a crisis at work and didn’t leave until almost six. Then traffic was gridlocked on the way home because several lights were out. On my way home Ceil called. Anna had friends over, helping her paint her room, so supper was needed. Not frozen pizza, but real pizza. I have papa johns saved on my phone, so I called and ordered one cheese and one pepperoni. Then I called Matthew to tell him I was bringing home pizza. he made me change the order to all pepperoni. Got to papa johns and they didn’t have my order…I was at the wrong papa johns. Then Matthew called, saying Anna had left with her friends to go eat. On my way to the correct papa johns I called Anna. Got home around 8 pm. I hadn’t planned on eating pizza, but there was plenty for me and Matthew. Watched the Braves and read my book.

TUESDAY: Left work and battled traffic over to downtown Decatur, where I dined with Jeff Yearwood and Harriet Clardy, the retired GT Baptist Center secretary. Jeff still works as a real estate lawyer near Gwinnett Place Mall, as still serves in his hometown church in Concord, GA. Harriet is the youngest resident in her retirement home across from the VA Hospital near Decatur. She lines up speakers for their weekly chapel service, and is in regular contact with Charles Qualls and Fred O.

We ate at Ted’s Montana Grille. I had a delicious beef hamburger with a slice of ham and fried egg. One of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten. Didn’t get home until 10 pm. Missed the game but watched the post-game. Went to bed very tired and slept until 2:30 am, then was wide awake for over an hour. Finally got back to sleep. On the way to work I grabbed a diet Mountain Dew to charge my batteries. I’ll go to bed early tonight.    

WEDNESDAY: Left work, stopped by the cleaners and a car repair place. Got on 400 northbound up in Cumming and hit gridlocked traffic. Made it to the Dawsonville outlets and tried on the Pumas I’d been looking at. Grabbed a burrito at Moes on my way out of town, stopped at Goodwill’s in Cumming and Roswell, and the Stinky Kroger. Finally got home around 8:15. Watched the Braves and the new Duck Dynasty.

Bryan bought an old Airstream trailer. They were fixing it up to use on family vacations. Looks like they’ll use the trailer to promote Bryan ’s movie. Thursday the trailer will be in Roswell for their monthly 5 pm promotion. Since I often get caught in that Roswell traffic I thought I would stop by and see them. Then the trailer is going to Myrtle Beach for the premiere.  

THURSDAY: Checked out a different car repair place, and then backtracked to North Point Mall to determine my jersey size…but no store sells baseball jerseys in the mall. Since I was there I stopped by LensCrafters to see if my new glasses were ready, and they were. Still trying to get used to them. While I was in the area I checked out TJMaxx, then ate a “stack” at the Coleman Road Moes…very good. Cut down to downtown Roswell for their monthly street party, where a friend had parked his Airstream trailer to promote the movie he made with Jeff Foxworthy: “Crackerjack.” Didn’t get home til 9 pm.    

Bryan was busy with interviews and stuff, but had time for a little chat. Bryan said he may speak at local churches to “explain” the movie’s concept, in an effort to keep church’s from disliking the movie. I could see some people objecting to the mascot Jesus costume. When I told Bryan that we weren’t Mazda minivan owners any more, he said they weren’t either: theirs just died on a trip to Florence SC. Didn’t sound like they had decided what to replace it with, but they have a cheap old Ford Explorer to haul the trailer. Bryan says it might die on the trip.

Houston is tall, and is about to turn 13. Last night Houston was the “official photographer.”  I also had a long chat with Bryan ’s sister, who I had met before. She seems to have signed on to help Bryan promote the movie through social media, though she admitted to be a novice. She’ll be traveling with Bryan on the movie tour, which currently is Myrtle Beach, Florence SC, and Wilmington NC.

Back to school photos drive me crazy. Since Will went back to school on July 29 I posted photos and posts about getting the jump on the back to school photo season. I am posting fewer and fewer photos. When I do it is because my mom and Ceil’s parents are on Facebook sometimes I post photos with them )or other specific people) in mind.

Through some market research company I got enrolled in two on-line “communities” that each pay at least $10.00 per month. One is Turtle Wax. I’m supposed to log in at least once per week and comment on discussions, take surveys, etc. I try to log in at least twice a month and make my presence known. Not too hard. Almost has me looking for similar opportunities. I’ve been getting paid in Amazon giftcards, which I’ve been using to treat myself. Bought a few books, but I have a big pile to read. Got a Braves road cap. Been saving up for a Uecker jersey. Also had an old three-finger mitt, some Puma shoes, and a Columbia fishing shirt on the list, but now I’m not sure about any of them.

Someone needs to re-write the old Helen Reddy song “Delta Dawn” about Della Donne’s life. Perhaps that someone will be me.

Usually my family members send me texts when they should know that I’m in my car driving. I think they’re trying to kill me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Traveling around the in my car with family and friends is a awesome experience on weekends.Likes to enjoy these days.

Thanks
Bruce Hammerson

Hydraulic Hammers