Thursday, September 04, 2014

Cleaning House, and a Clean House

After a long day at work on Friday, on the way home I stopped by Cheeseburger Bobby’s, Goodwill, and my barber. By the time I got home it was almost eight and I was tired. Anna was home sick, and stayed holed up in her room.

Saturday morning I cleaned upstairs, a little more thoroughly than usual. Came downstairs for the end of ESPN College GameDay. Caught some of Penn State/Central Florida. Cleaned up until the Tech game started, and tried to do housework during and after the Tech game. My plan had been to stay at home and work all weekend, as there was plenty to do. We have company coming over Wednesday evening. As usual, things didn’t go my way. I’d been invited over to the Halls for the Georgia game. The Earhart’s and Falis’ also came. I’d missed a few of these small group get-togethers recently, so I knew I needed to go. We had a great time, watching the game and eating pizza, salad, fruit, and root beer floats. Stopped by Kroger on the way home to get Anna some medicine and other necessities. By then it was after ten.

Attended Johnson Ferry Sunday morning. Our friend Jeff Pipe, a member of East Cobb Presbyterian, was guest-teaching the Earhart’s Sunday School class. Saw several people I knew: Barbara Adair, Steve Watkins, the Halls, Stevenson’s, and others. Stayed for the service. Bryant spoke on how the current conflict in the Middle East relates to what Jesus said about the End Times – to not fear when nation rises against nation.

After church I hit another Cheeseburger Bobby’s and Goodwill. Cheeseburger Bobby’s had a special on their website that I was taking advantage of. Back home for more cleanup: laundry, dishes, and a massive straightening of the dining and living rooms. Hooked up the old flatscreen in the living room armoire and actually got it working. Folded clothes while watching the Braves win. Also straightened up around the computer, the window seat, fireplace, and the downstairs bedroom. Worked until after 11 pm.

Another long day on Monday. Got up early and did a little computer work. Knowing it would be a long day, I stopped by both McDonalds for BOGO Egg McMuffins and Chickfila for a biscuit for later. Also packed a energy bar, two Frescas, and water bottle. Met my friend Rob at the Braves game. In the dollar line I saw John Parkes and a guy from Locust Grove that I had traded bobbleheads with. Long, frustrating game, but I stayed til the end to watch the no-hitter. Swung by Cheeseburger Bobby’s on the way home. I was bushed from over seven hours in the heat. Did some more cleaning, then went to bed early. Ceil stayed up with Matthew, cleaned the kitchen, and worked on school.

ROB: For all the people jumping off of the bandwagon, there is this:  Atlanta is 1/2 a game out of a wildcard spot - chasing a slumping Milwaukee.  Obviously it is not farfetched to think they could get the second playoff spot.  Right now that would mean a wild card game in SF against the Giants.  I think you could say there is a 50% chance of grabbing a wildcard spot.

If the Giants had time to lineup their rotation, that would mean facing Bumgarner.  However in a 1 game playoff, as we know from 2012, anything can happen.  I will give us a 40% probability of winning that game.

Winning the WC game right now would put you in a 5 game series against the Nats - a team the Braves have played well against.  What are the odds the Braves could beat the Nats in a 5 game series.  I will say 50%.

So, 50% * 40% * 50% = 10%. So, there is a 10% probability of us playing in a NLCS against the Dodgers/Cardinals.

ME: I’ll take those odds. I’m sure you can expect my response: Yet if we get to the NLCS and lose, the same fans will still want the manager and GM fired. Should they make the NLDS, think Wren will still clean house?

Saw where a ticket from Monday’s game sold on eBay for over $28.00. I had two “real” tickets from the game, so I posted them for sale. Got several buyers tracking each ticket. Auctions end Saturday. Should’ve looked for more tickets as I exited the ballpark.

I missed on Louisville/Miami. Also missed on Wisconsin/LSU. Alabama didn’t dominate and South Carolina lost, seemingly making things easier for UGA and Auburn.

No comments: